Lawyer (2+ years PQE)
- Are you interested in Commodities?
- Do you want to work for one of the global financial brokerage businesses in the UK?
- Do you have at least 2 years post qualification experience?
If you answered yes to those three questions READ on!
Accutrainee works with many in-house legal teams to deliver top quality legal resources in line with their business needs. Our clients include FTSE 100 organisations, global investment banks and UK & US law firms ranging from large City firms to small niche practices.
We are hiring for one of the leading Prime Brokerage businesses in the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities
The role requires the provision of legal and regulatory support to Management, Business stakeholders, and Compliance.
- Lawyer reporting to Head of Legal EMEA and providing support to UK, European, Middle East, U.S. and Asian desks.
- Working with stakeholders to facilitate new and existing business supporting transactional flow business.
- Updating, drafting and negotiating financial market documentation including tripartite commodity finance agreements, prime brokerage designation notices, guarantees, FIA terms of business, ISDAs, custody and collateral agreements, broker agreements and NDAs.
- Assisting with any client outreach in relation to any regulatory requirements, including ensuring continuity in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
- Working with Compliance and Risk to implement Operational Risk frameworks to ensure adherence to current law and regulation.
- Completion of legal agreement forms and other administrative tasks necessary to ensure smooth processing of transactions - arranging for legal documents to be executed in accordance with current powers of attorney.
The successful candidate will form part of a small collegiate and supportive legal team covering a broad array of activities and services. The role is ideal for those that are keen to get broad exposure to the commodity brokerage business.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong academics, technical legal skills and commercial sensitivity.
- Be comfortable liaising with business functions and have positive can-do results-oriented approach.
- Ability to learn quickly and develop a working understanding of brokerage products and relationships is a necessity.
- Be a robust individual that is comfortable operating independently, representing the legal function both internally and when facing clients with confidence.
- Understanding of both on-exchange listed products as well as OTC instruments is a plus, although not an absolute requirement.
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment in which the firm operates is also beneficial, including MiFID II and EMIR.
- Financial services background is strongly desirable.