We are looking for a Commodities Buyer to join our team in Bournemouth to procure electromechanical parts required for aerospace applications. Our products are flight critical, so high quality products delivered on time to our customers is crucial to the success of our growing organisation. You will be involved evaluating, choosing and negotiating with suppliers to get the best quality and cost. Someone who has worked with suppliers of connectors, cables, wiring and other electronics as well as nuts, bolts and shims would do well in this role.
If you are tenacious, a good problem solver and able to think outside the box, looking for a hands on position covering a broad range of purchasing related activities this could be for you. Your self-motivation, confidence and ability to work well with a wide audience of internal and external suppliers will help you excel in this role and provide a great start to your career within Curtiss-Wright.
* Able to read technical drawings/standards/specifications
* Place & expediting purchase orders
* Negotiating with a variety of suppliers
* Budget management and cost saving exercises
* Keeping internal systems updated and accurate
* Previous experience with Aerospace requirements or from a controlled environment
* Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook - ideally working with an MRP system.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate confidently and persuasively with a wide variety of people, with a confident telephone manner
* Good organisational skills with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days annual leave
* Free parking
* Summer & Winter social events
* Wellbeing focused culture
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled