Our client is the leading provider of end of life services in Somerset. Their track record of investing in high quality and caring support means they are at the heart of the Somerset community.
They deliver care for over 3,800 people each year who face a life limiting illness. Only 19% of their costs are supported by the NHS, the rest is provided by charitable income through their fundraising, their shops and from donations. Their pioneering services depend upon the best people who can innovate and provide the best care possible for patients and their families.
They are patient-centred, compassionate, respectful, brave, self-aware, informed and driven
Supported by a strong Executive Team, as Commercial and Retail Director, you will provide clear strategic and operational management expertise to deliver the commercial strategy through innovation, performance and efficiency improvement across their multi-site retail services and other commercial developments.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive retail experience at senior management level, with a track record of commercial success.
- Strategic and operational business and project planning, monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Experience of being able to coach, mentor and manage teams to improve capability, drive standards and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Experience of financial planning, including sales/costs budget setting and management and capital expenditure planning and management.
- Experience of successful profit maximisation.
- Experience of creating and delivering commercial and business plans.
- Proven ability to evaluate and develop new sustainable income streams.
- Evidence of supportive and collaborative management style which fits with the values of the Hospice
Closing date: 27th March
First interview: Week commencing 8th of April