The Commercial MI Analyst (interim) represents a fantastic opportunity to use analytics to help shape and guide commercial activity / decision making within fast paced and rapidly growing business unit with a key focus on customer analytics and data led business planing.
The organisation is hugely data driven, the importance of timely and accurate data delivery / presentation is fundamental to decision making. You’ll be responsible for understanding business needs, working with key stakeholders to meet commercial requirements (via analysis). The ability to on board and transfer a business requirement into a data / reporting solution is key to success in this role.
- Support standardised and project based analytical reporting, working with multiple business areas to understand data needs
- Support the ongoing development of a suite of interactive BI tools, ensure the business can constantly provide commercial and operational data in a compelling yet logical fashion
- Support the business through data governance, protection and compliance measures
- Attend various workshops / focus groups, providing input to how analytics can benefit business objectives
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Data / MI / Business Intelligence / Commercial Analyst role
- Strong MS Excel skills, especially MS Excel (pivot tables, data analysis, VBA macros etc..
SQL experience; demonstrating knowledge of core querying functions (desirable)
- Exposure to Data Visualisation tools and technologies (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview)
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (computer science, mathematics, business information systems, engineering, physics etc.)
- Experience of performing an analytical role within a mass customer centric environment
Please reply with brief cover note detailing day rate expectation and start date availability.