|Full Time Permanent|
|Commercial Manager - Cambridge|
AVEVA creates industrial software that inspires people to shape the future. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, our solutions turn opportunities into business value. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver solutions across the asset and operations lifecycles. We use collaborative innovation to empower people and industries, enabling the planet to thrive.
There are 4,500 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
We are looking for a versatile Commercial Manager who will be responsible for ensuring GIS activities are known, understood, managed, monitored and controlled to enable better senior management decisions.
You will also design, build and lead the delivery of operational commercial processes and rules in GIS that identify operational costs, mitigate risks, provide insight into GIS spending and increase operational efficiency.
• Examines company processes and procedures to improve efficiency and security, and makes recommendations for necessary changes
• Analyses costs and other reports that give insight into how GIS can improve performance in terms of value
• Helps identifies and resolves issues within commercial, contracts and commercial operations
• Ensures contract terms are understood, particularly the risks and financial aspects
• Assesses risks and makes recommendations based on analysis of all relevant factors involved in a business situation
• Coaches management and employees on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks
• Leads or assists in the negotiation of third-party services contracts
• Sets standards for the financial management and reporting of projects in GIS.
Skills & Qualifications
You can demonstrate:
• Proven experience in commercial management in medium to large companies, preferably in technology companies
• Strong commerical awareness, client liaison, project management and team leadership skills
• Excellent knowledge & understanding of organisational, programme & project financial management across the full project lifecycle, from project definition to operationalisation and benefits delivery
• Strong contracting skills and experience, from running complex third party procurement cycles to managing supplier performance against contracts and delivery plans, including dispute resolution
• Very strong experience of the full financial lifecycle, from estimating & pricing of services and/or products to the delivery & reporting of value & benefits
• Excellent communications (written & verbal), collaboration & financial analysis skills.
Your technical Knowledge:
• Strong user of MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel for financial analysis
• Familiarity with the technology industry and its practices
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Source : Aveva