What you’ll be doing...
As our Legal Counsel, you will provide legal support and advice primarily to Verizon Enterprise Solutions' sales channels in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics and in other European jurisdictions on an as needed basis. Your role also includes the provision of commercial legal support for other areas of the business including procurement and product marketing in the development and preparation of customer facing order documentation and product-specific contractual documentation. Verizon has implemented its own end to end quoting, contracting and order processing IT system and therefore the position requires someone who is IT knowledgeable and comfortable working with such a system.
- Providing legal support / advice for sales channels and internal clients in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics (and other European jurisdictions as required). This will include, reviewing, negotiating and drafting sales, teaming, non-disclosure, commercial settlement, novation and contract change agreements and ancillary legal documents.
- Providing legal support to sales, bid management and other groups in the preparation of high quality responses to RFPs from large enterprises.
- Working with EMEA Product Management and the Legal Products team on the development and production of all customer facing contractual product documentation and assessing legal risks where it concerns the UK, Ireland, Nordics and occasionally other jurisdictions.
- Working with Third Party Vendor (‘TPV’) Management team when a customer contract includes TPV services. Drafting of flow through terms from customer contract and drafting flow up terms from the TPV for inclusion on the customer contract.
- Liaising with other subject matter experts within the business and ensure that business transactions are sound and comply with company policies and laws and regulations.
- Must be willing to travel in the UK and to other European countries for face to face meetings as required to support and conduct contract negotiations.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Degree and relevant work experience.
- Bar membership andlicenses.
- Post-degree experience in a law firm or in-house at a multinational corporation.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
Even better if you have:
- Post-degree experience in a law firm or in-house at a large, multinational corporation, preferably in the telecommunications / IT.
- Proven track record of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, preferably for telecommunications / IT services.
- IT knowledgeable and capability to work with and understand the processes behind IT systems used for contract generation and order processing.
- High motivation and ability to be a team player.
- Ability to professionally manage time and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong business acumen, pragmatic approach to problem solving, ability to rapidly assess potential risks and consequences of business and legal decisions and effectively counsel internal clients.
- English language skills to business standard; other European language skills are desirable.
- English law qualification. Experience of working with or in other European jurisdictions would be desirable.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.