Commercial Lawyer (12 Month FTC) ( Job Number: 191312 )
Brand : Estée Lauder Companies
Job : Legal
Primary Location : Europe, Middle East, Africa-GB-ENG-London
Schedule : Full-time
Shift : 1st (Day) Shift
Job Type : Standard
Length of Contract (in months) : 12
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Lawyer to join a prestigious Leader in Beauty on a 12 month FTC.
- You will be responsible forproviding high-calibre commercial legal advice covering the full spectrum of issues encountered by the business to all brands and functions in the UK Ireland business.
- Working closely with the Commercial and brand teams to ensure strong relationships with retailers
- Advising the business on competition law and, in particular, selective distribution matters.
- Advising brand teams on advertising, marketing and promotional initiatives.
- Working closely with the Procurement team to promote robust supply terms with suppliers.
- Advising the business on data protection and privacy issues.
- Occasional advice on charity law, intellectual property law, compliance matters (e.g. anti-bribery and corruption, gender pay gap reporting, Modern Slavery Act etc), website terms and conditions, as well as providing training to the business.
- Frequent work with external counsel with expectation of managing external legal provision and the associated costs.
- Promote innovation in the provision of legal services to the business to seek efficiencies wherever possible.
- You will be based in our prestigiousLondon offices and will need to occasionallytravel to our Distribution Centre in Hampshire.
- Must havesolid commercial background and a willingness to develop skills in new areas.
- Able to multi-task and manage a varied workload.
- Must havea good knowledge of commercial, consumer and competition law with experience in data privacy, advertising, marketing and retail being highly desirable.
- Previous in-house experience is preferred but not essential.
- High level of autonomy and will be expected to advise colleagues at all levels within the business, including the Executive Leadership Team on a regular basis.
- Provision of sound, strategic and commercial guidance to the business and working in partnership with the brand and functional teams to drive key strategic aims.
- Working closely with key members of the Global Legal function in New York on a regular basis.
Estee Lauder Companies is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.