Equinix is one of the fastest growing data centres companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. With 200 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. Interconnection is key to the growth and success of Equinix.
We hire hardworking people who flourish with solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, gritty people who have built The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the centre of everything we do.
Reporting directly to the EMEA Snr Commercial Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for commercial management oversight across a number of major expansion construction projects throughout the region. They provide strategic and day-to-day leadership specifically focused to drive down construction costs, provide assurance against internal financial controls and reporting processes and help manage all major contract risks.
· Provides strategic oversight for the planning and monitoring of construction projects from start to completion
· Monitors the financial close-out on all projects including settlement of all vendors
· Reports status, successes, challenges and key activities to senior management
· Develops, manages and is accountable for achievement of key commercial metrics
· Drives continuous improvement initiatives and develops best practices
· Ensures correct level of professional cost management resources are identified, engaged and managed on all regional construction projects
· Provides cost management advice and support
· Oversees and provides guidance on commercial change management and change evaluation efforts on all projects
Budget & Reporting
· Oversees the preparation of budgets (including detailed cost modeling and benchmarking analysis) and presents to senior management
· Monitors adherence against budget throughout the project lifespan, including cost checks and reviews, value engineering and cost saving initiatives and evaluation of alternates
· Review analytics for project portfolio cash flow and earned value analysis
· Reviews project cost reports and carries out regular reviews of these with senior management
· Acts as a stage gate approver of budgets prior to executive approval
· Oversees the adherence against company expenditure limits
· Provides guidance and assists with the orderly development of requests for proposal leading into procurement for design services agreements, owner furnished equipment and general contractor services agreements
· Guides the overall contracting strategy and signing off of construction contracts
· Guides contract policy and ensuring audit compliance
· Advises and intervenes appropriately to resolve major contractual claims and disputes as they arise
· Sets out risk management policy and auditing compliance
· Pro-actively leads all commercial risk management efforts including commercial audits, contingency analyses, risk identification and analyses and management training
· Drives global coordination when developing strategies with corporate development, legal, company management, while also managing internal key stakeholders
· Directly manages a team of Commercial Managers both internal and external and works closely with other internal project teams of varying levels of seniority
· Plays a key role within the regional Commercial Management team to perform as industry-leading function
· Trains and develops in-house teams on commercial controls and best practices
Does this sound like your next career move? Are you passionate about joining the family?
Click apply now!
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities.