Job descriptionJob Title:
Commercial / Contract Manager
The West Midlands, commutable from Birmingham and Stafford,
Salary / Benefits:
£50,000 - £60,000 dependant on experience plus; car / allowance and package
Working for a major joint venture that specialise in turnkey electrical alternating current substation projects related to renewable and conventional power generation, power transmission and transportation solutions.Turnkey solutions includes project design, engineering, procurement, construction, management, commissioning and after-sales support.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- Experience in a similar role, working on NEC contracts in an EPC environment (Power / Utilities background would be an advantage)
- Proven track record of management of large-scale, multimillion-pound projects
- Good working understanding of commercial aspects in a portfolio of contracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills with an excellent ability to resolve issues, lead teams and work
- Master or bachelor's degree in Contract Management, Law or qualified by experience.
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
Had dealing with major clients such as National Grid and EDF etc
- Repoting directly to the Head of Contract Management for Europe.
- Provides contractual advice and support to the project team on an EPC substation project(s) in the UK.
- Provide guidance to the project manager and the supply chain management on contractual issues.
- Provides contractual support and leadership on incoming and outgoing claims.
- Contract closures
- Ensures the portfolio of contracts in the business, follows contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with internal standard procedures.
- Develops contract strategy based on client policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy considering risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Seeks advice from Legal to draft, negotiate and finalize agreements during the Sales and Project Execution phases
Full Job Description on request.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Source : Navartis