Job Title: Early Morning Cleaners
Location: Kingston upon Thames (KT1 2EE)
Salary: £8,251 per annum (FTE - £20,352)
Job type: Part-Time (15 Hours per week), Permanent
Hours: 5:30am - 8.30am
KUSCO (Kingston University Service Company Ltd) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Kingston University, established in December 1997. It is a non-profit making organisation providing facility management services to Kingston University.
This job involves a fair amount of contact with students and staff and other users of University facilities, and it is important that the Cleaners can handle this contact appropriately. They work with minimum supervision and are required to use their own judgement and discretion to provide acceptable standards of service.
They operate as part of the KUSCO Services Delivery Team and are expected to be flexible with respect to their sites and working areas. All areas of the University are cleaned to high standards and may include offices, classrooms, laboratories, lecture theatres, computer rooms and workshops.
They are expected to adopt a quality approach to all aspects of work, make sure things look right and make every attempt to work well in a team with their colleagues.
- Clean and tidy allocated work areas (e.g. offices, classrooms, laboratories, lecture theatres, computer rooms, workshops, corridors, toilets, etc.) in a way which satisfies Client Service Level Agreements
- When and where necessary, undertake floor polishing/Deep Cleaning Programme
- Dispose of daily rubbish and waste from allocated work areas
- Keep local storage areas clean and tidy
- Take full responsibilities for keys issued and develop a detailed knowledge of their working areas
- Clean and store equipment securely
- Report (to appropriate KUSCO personnel) routine supply requirements, defects in building fabric and equipment, safety exposures, out-of-line situations those which might affect third parties
- Undertake training,(BSICS) to develop knowledge and skills needed for the job and be aware of safe and efficient operation of equipment, and regulations concerning security and Health and Safety
- Physical fitness and ability to perform the allocated tasks
- Smart appearance - protective clothing is worn while working
- Flexibility - able to change routines, and adapt working practices
- Initiative - able to work with little supervision and decide how best to deal with situations
- Drive for quality
- London Living Wage
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Annual Leave (Pro Rata) plus the 8 Bank Holidays
- Uniform Provided
- NUS Card
- Training Provided
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Domestic Cleaner, Cleaner, Cleaning Assistant, Commercial Cleaning Operative, Waste Operative, General Cleaner, Cleaners, Cleaner, and Hygiene Operator may also be considered for this role.
£20,352.00 - £20,352.00 per year