- Requisition ID: 222797, Commercial Business Manager
- Relocation Authorised: National - Single
- Project: NS&E UK
- Location: Various Locations, UK
- Other Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain required SC security clearance
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
This position is for Commercial/Business Manager who will work a multi-year United Kingdom (UK) nuclear infrastructure programme for which Bechtel will provide PMO (including Project, Engineering, Commercial and Construction Management) services. This programme involves a multi-billion investment in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities.
The Commercial/Business Manager has a direct reporting line to the Project Manager with a functional reporting line to the CFO.
Directs work of the following functional areas: Quality, HR, Personnel Security, Office & Administrative Services and IS&T.
The Commercial/Business Manager is responsible to;
- collate all relevant information necessary for the provision of the PFSR.
- ensure compliance with the requirements of the Prime Contract.
Essential Job Duties
- Establishes administrative controls and reporting criteria for all service functions in accordance with established Bechtel policies and procedures, client requirements, and applicable governmental regulations.
- Supervises and directs managers of the functional areas of responsibility.
- Interprets the financial and business requirements of the existing contract(s) and monitors the performance of the organization against the requirements, tax implications and any special provisions affecting operations.
- Works with client and government auditors, provides required financial and other data to operating personnel and project offices; prepares billing instructions for new jobs and conducts special studies of job costs, overhead costs and profits, as appropriate.
- Undertakes responsibility for the project offices’ conformance to Bechtel’s procedures, principles and policies for the functional areas of responsibility. Responsible for the development of accounting and other business controls and procedures particular to the project or office.
- Independently or in conjunction with the Project Manager and other senior staff, negotiates with clients on behalf of the project. Works with client representatives on a day-to-day basis to interpret provisions of contracts as they relate to finance, accounting, human resources, project administration and business funding.
- Plans human resources for the business needs and recommends selection, promotion, transfer, compensation and termination of personnel or services under manager’s supervision.
- Provides analysis of financial information, estimates of administrative costs, and the preparation of forecasts and cost and performance reports.
- Ensures an effective working relationship with the responsible corporate office of Bechtel and other teaming partners as appropriate.
- Performs general functions inherent in all managerial and supervisory positions including compensation planning, budget control and reports, replacement and succession planning, career counseling, performance management, training and development, finding, recruiting and developing talent. Participates in organization analysis and establishes and maintains standards of performance.
- Requires knowledge of accounting, finance and tax principles plus working knowledge of related activities gained through specialized education, training and/or work experience of a progressively responsible nature.
- Requires working knowledge of commercial management concept and organization.
- Requires demonstrated supervisory skill commensurate with management level responsibility. Experience or skill in activities such as distribution and control of work, interviewing and selection, compensation planning, performance management and career planning discussion when delegated, training and development of personnel and related areas of human resources.
- Requires demonstrated skill in using independent judgment to achieve assigned responsibilities.
- Experience and working knowledge of Finance, Human Resources, Project Controls, Office Services and other functional areas, as well as their related policies and procedures.
- Skill in communicating effectively verbally or in writing regarding all commercial matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad range of customers to solve complex business-related issues.
- The position is open to United Kingdom (UK) Nationals only. UK/US dual citizens may be considered.
- This position is also subject to a successful interview and agreement upon terms and conditions of employment. Candidate must be able to obtain an SC security clearance.
- Proven track record of successful project controls delivery across scheduling, cost engineering, cost estimating and risk management – and full exposure to project business case scrutiny processes and UK project controls practices (EVMS, MDAL, CDAL, confidence modelling, etc)
- Experienced in implementing change management systems that compliment contractual arrangements.
- Ideally experienced in the NEC3/NEC4 form of contract.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.