Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products and recognized leader by analyst firm Gartner. The company is growing at a fast pace to keep up with strong market demand for innovative solutions for digital transformation, customer experience, personal and social web experiences and enterprise applications.
Liferay offers many opportunities for individuals looking for a dynamic environment and accelerated career growth. Talented individuals will find it possible to increase their responsibilities and gain valuable business experience in a short amount of time within the company. With over 890 employees in offices across Europe, the Americas, and Asia Pacific, Liferay offers a chance to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
Liferay believes in making a bigger impact in the world through business and we dedicate part of our time and profits toward non-profit organizations and social initiatives.
The role of Commerce Business Development Manager (BDM) for Liferay UK and Ireland (UKI) offers the opportunity to take ownership for the development and execution of the Liferay Commerce DXP sales plan in order to grow Liferay’s Commerce DXP market in the UK and Ireland. You will have a direct influence on the development of strategy and responsibility for the development and delivery of sales for Liferay Commerce DXP in order to nurture and grow this aspect of Liferay’s business.
Supported by the General Manager and the Commerce team internationally, you will be responsible for assisting in the development of and executing the territory business plan for Commerce and creating a pipeline in conjunction with our sales and marketing teams. The Commerce BDM is responsible for identifying and qualifying opportunities, inputting on strategy and driving delivery in relation to DXP Commerce.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the B2B Commerce enterprise software domain and be able to hit the ground running in this space. We are looking for someone with drive and ambition to own, understand and lead on the delivery of this work. You will have a key role in the wider Sales team and work with them to deliver on targets for the region.
If you are looking to set the agenda and deliver on an ambitious, exciting and significant work program, this is for you. Coming in at ground level the opportunity here is to craft and grow the market in the UK with potential to extend EMEA wide.
What You’ll Do
- Customer Acumen
Actively understands each customer's technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and the competitive landscape. Review public information (e.g. new executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry trends and issues impacting the customer.
Follow a focused approach to maintaining a rolling and current 4Q pipeline. Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services in relation to Liferay Commerce DXP. Generate leads and cold call prospective customers where needed. Discuss promotional strategy and activities with Marketing.
- Business Planning. Together with the account team and GM, develop and deliver a comprehensive business plan to address customers’ priorities. Utilise sales methodologies, benchmarking and data to support the customer’s decision process. Collaborate closely with channels to identify potential new channel partners.
- Sales Strategy. Help to set and exceed quota targets. Advance and close sales opportunities through the successful execution of the business plan. Work with the team to develop effective and specific account plans for existing customers to ensure revenue target attainment. Partner with new customers to help shape their strategy and close new business deals.
- Advisor/Coach. Develop a solid understanding of Liferay’s’ products and services and be able to advise others about them. Educate and advise other members of our team about the Commerce domain.
- Account Leadership. Lead account relationships, prospect profiling, and sales cycles. Seek out the appropriate contacts in identified organisations based on business plan focus. Encourage all accounts to become Liferay references.
- help to plan sales campaigns;
- negotiate pricing with customers in some cases;
- provide input into the business sales and marketing strategy;
- carry out sales forecasts and analysis in conjunction with the senior management team; and
- think strategically by looking at the bigger picture and setting goals and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated record of success driving deals through prospecting, discovery, solution proposal and closing new business
- 5+ years’ of sales experience, of which 2 years involved a complex solution sales process into the C/SVP level decision-makers in Marketing, IT, Sales and Procurement.
- 2+ years’ of Industry Manufacturing and B2B model solution sales experience.
- Prior expertise in Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing or Distribution is desirable.
- Record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Consistent record of top performance that requires little to no enablement around sales execution.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment acting as the program nexus for all organisations within Liferay including, Sales, Engineering, Product, Marketing and Partnership;
- Dynamic self-starter with the ability and desire to define and set their own work agenda
- Strategic mindset with the ability to demonstrate reasoning and educate colleagues
- Competitive team player
- A dynamic and rapidly growing team with the potential to grow this aspect of the business both in-territory and at EMEA level.
What We Offer
- Potential to get in at ground level with a developing international Sales team for Commerce.
- Significant opportunity for development and promotion in the region.
- The opportunity to lead and define execution in relation to this aspect of the business.
- Direct input to wider territory and regional planning.
- A dynamic and rapidly growing team with the potential to grow this aspect of the business.