Are you an experienced transport and logistics professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Collections Coordinator for our team in Taunton. This is a full-time position, working 45 hours a week.
Collections Coordinator Role:
Joining our team, the Collections Coordinator will Supervise, with the aid of the Taunton team, the day to day operation of the Taunton collection operations, ensuring that all Health and Safety, Road Transport, Environmental, Employment and other applicable legislation is adhered to. You will maximise your team's collection rates, liaise and communicate effectively with the Commercial team and customers ensuring all contractual obligations are met. Responsibilities include:
- Allocate and control vehicles including subcontractors efficiently to meet the operational requirements and ensure that the level of resources are adequate to meet day to day requirements
- Be available and on call for all emergencies relevant to this role, as directed by the Collections Business Manager or on call rota
- Support the Collections Business Manager with compilation of budgets, maximising revenue, controlling costs, forecasting and variance explanation
- Maintain all fleet and tachograph records, reports and check sheets in a complete and recoverable manner
Our ideal Collections Coordinator will have:
- A proven track record of supervising a Logistic operation successfully
- Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy
- Previous experience controlling fleet activities and managing large teams
- An excellent working knowledge of the waste and recycling market
- Full driving license and full CPC National for road transport (or working towards) completion within 12 months of appointment)
- IOSH managing safely or equivalent
- Ability to route vehicles effectively taking into account profit and productivity
In return for your hard work as our Collections Coordinator, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.