Are you a highly experienced logistics or fleet operations professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Collections Business Manager for our team based in Rochester. This role will cover our sites in London and West Kent, so a willingness to travel is essential.
Collections Business Manager Role:
Joining our team, the Collections Business Manager will competently manage Collections activities within West Kent & London and to ensure that they are carried out in a safe, professional, economical and timely manner. You will maximise the collection rates, productivity and efficiency ensuring that all targets and objectives are met or exceeded. Duties include:
- Liaise and communicate effectively with all other internal departments within Viridor as well as external agencies such as DVSA, HSE, planners and contractors as required
- Allocate and control vehicles including subcontractors efficiently to meet the operational requirements and ensure that the level of resources are adequate to meet day to day requirements.
- Ensure, through constant review, a cost effective, quality service is carried out identifying opportunities for business growth.
- Be available and on call for all emergencies relevant to this role, as directed by the Head of Collections or on call rota.
- Compilation of budgets, maximising revenue, controlling costs, forecasting and variance explanation.
Our ideal Collections Business Manager:
- A proven track record of managing a Logistic operation and fleet activities successfully
- Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy.
- Previous experience managing large teams.
- Experience of preparing budgets, forecasts and month end reports
- Proven track record of delivering commercial target
- Full CPC National for road transport, IOSH managing safely or equivalent.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation
In return for your hard work as our Collections Business Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus company car and excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of other flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY for the Collections Business Manager role.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.