Coach and Bus Mechanic - Our client operate a versatile fleet of modern Luxury Coaches throughout Cambridgeshire. They are currently recruiting for a full-time, experienced Coach and Bus Mechanic to be based in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire. You will have proven experience and a track record of working on PCV's or HGV's, in return they are paying a fantastic salary for the right experience.
As a Coach and Bus Mechanic you will be part of a work shop team to maintain 25 buses and coaches. Carrying out service and repair work efficiently and competently to the required level of quality and within the standard time allocated.
Coach and Bus Mechanic key duties include:
- Testing of vehicles, diagnosing faults and repairing in a safe and correct manner.
- Wide variety of servicing, diagnostic and repair work.
- Preparing vehicles for MOT.
- Safety checks.
- Liaison with Parts Departments to ensure correct parts are issued to enable job to be completed efficiently and within the requirement timescale.
- Completing all relevant job cards, paperwork and records to the required standard.
- Ensuring H&S and Environmental regulations are adhered to including the use of PPE.
Successful candidates should have:
- Proven experience and track record of working on PCV's or HGV's
- Relevant engineering qualifications and excellent diagnostic skills
- Solid understanding of Department of Transport / DVSA maintenance standards
- Self-motivated, flexible approach with a desire to learn new skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well in a team
- Car licence and PCV licence preferred but not essential
C and G Coach Services are offering a excellent salary paying up to £30,000 depending on experience. Working hours are 40 per week. Flexible working hours and shift system will be considered. Some Saturday mornings and on call duties are required when needed.
We are regarded as one of East Anglia's leading coach operators. If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No agencies please.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: PSV Mechanic, HGV Mechanic, Technician mechanic, PCV, repairs, MOT, servicing
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.