CNS is a leading Port Community System provider and a wholly owned subsidiary of DP World, our systems enable the movement of cargo through many of the UK’s ports and airports. CNS’s customers, including many household names of the freight and logistics industry, rely 24/7 on CNS’s systems to manage their operational and customs processes. We provide the platforms that “keep the information flowing” and enable the UK to trade.
This is an exciting time of modernisation and growth for CNS. With an ambitious digital transformation strategy, we can provide individuals with a challenging and varied role, getting involved in implementing new technologies and infrastructure, to prepare CNS for the future of supply chain management.
The Business Analyst is responsible for planning, designing, and implementing effective core activities of business requirement across the full project management and software development life cycle, in particularly at Discovery and Initiation phase. Those activities include gathering, analysing, defining, documenting, eliciting, and versioning business requirements in support of Project, Request of Change, and Work Request delivery. The Business Analyst is also responsible for gathering and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes ad possible solutions to application and system issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to help maximise the benefit of IT system change/enhancement investments.
This post will be delivering on a project that is a key enabler to CNS in terms of its digital transformation strategy.
Strategy & Planning:
- Facilitate meeting and discussion with decision makers, internal and external system/product specialist, solution provider, and end users to define functional and non-function business requirement and technical specifications. Use innovative approaches that satisfy stakeholders and demonstrate their buy-in.
- Lead the design sessions in mapping and prototyping new application or systems for the purpose of introducing new, or enhancing existing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing application or system and support PMO Team in developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these application/systems
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of applications/systems analysis in order to define acceptance and success criteria
- Provide estimates for requirements elicitation, documentation, and review activities
- Participate actively in Agile ceremonies, work with PM, QA and Development team to manage Sprint’s capacity and capability
- Participate in status meeting and other leadership activities for the project
Acquisition and Development:
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications/systems, and enhancement to existing applications
- Conduct discovery research and analysis on software products to justify recommendations and to support business case and investment efforts
- Support PM in manage and controlling delivery scope ensuring that project change management procedures are adhered to
- Facilitate traceability of the requirements through design, build, testing and deployment
- Facilitate competitor analysis, market research, brainstorming/ discovery sessions, research, and options analysis
- Leverage a range of industry analysis techniques, to suit the needs of the specific project activity
- Support project team in providing recommendations and workaround, or alternative on issue and risk management
- Provide demo, orientation, and training to stakeholders and end users for modified and new systems
- Support PM, QA, Developer and Helpdesk of system queries, and other post implementation support
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Diploma/ Degree, or equivalent qualification in a business or technology discipline
- Minimum of 2 years business analysis experience
- In depth experience of functional and non-functional requirement documentation, with ability to facilitate solution design workshops, communicate and negotiate technical options with project stakeholders and SMEs
- Solid experience across the full project management and software development life cycle
- Confident working with cross functional business area and 3rd party vendors in gathering, eliciting, and documenting requirements
- Proven experience of working in a delivery-focus business analysis role
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Solid experience of delivery using Waterfall and Agile (or Hybrid) project management methodology and Scrum development approach
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills suitable for business and technical audience
- Good attention to detail combined with ability to see the big picture
- Self-motivated to define and support excellent products for CNS customers
- Must be able to organise and prioritise personal workload whilst under pressure
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of leading or supervising a team
- Experience in logistic industries will be advantageous
- ISEB BA
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hours
SALARY: Competitive, depending upon experience
- Opportunity to earn an annual bonus of up to 10% of annual salary (50% financial performance, 50% achievement of personal objectives)
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme – contributions matched up to 6%
- Life assurance
- Option to join the company BUPA private medical scheme
- Flexible benefits platform with a wide range of offers to choose from
- Free parking
- Remote working available
- We are currently have extensive remote working, longer term we would expect that this role be based at our offices in Southampton most of the time with some remote working available.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter, detailing salary expectations to dpworldUKcareers@dpworld.com.
CLOSING DATE: 5 November 2020