Are you a skilled CNC Programmer looking to break into Aerospace & MOD? Want to work in a modern facility with state of the art equipment, plenty of overtime and an environment that encourages training and development? Then we want to hear from you!
The company are a medium sized operation that specialize in the manufacture of precision high quality parts for formula 1, Motorsport, Aerospace, MOD, FMCG and various other industries. As part of their continuing expansion they have an opportunity to work within their prestigious engineering facility in Hertfordshire. Working alongside a team of highly skilled CNC machinists, you'll be given full autonomy over delivering finished articles from a customer drawing or specification.
Benefits include Hourly rate of up to £40K depending on experience, overtime paid at Time & ½, 30 days holiday including bank holidays, workplace pension, and early finishes each week.
37.5hrs per week Mon to Fri, flexibility required to work morning & afternoon shifts
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for Running of various 3, 4 & 5 axis machining centres within the department
- Using Winmax controls
- Setting up tooling, jigs, fixtures, machine speeds and feeds as required
- Offline programming using EdgeCAM software (desirable)
- Manage the programming of updates and new components
- First off part inspection using measuring equipment, before issuing to QC for final pass off
- Producing one off to medium volume precision parts, including bespoke / prototype parts when required
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to all new and existing jobs
We would love to hear from you if you've had experience in the following -
- previously worked as a CNC Machining Centre Programmer, CNC Miller, or CAM programmer
- Be able to machine complex components from scratch
- Confident with high-frequency setups for 1 off component manufacture
- Understand and interpret 2D & 3D drawings
- Flexibility towards overtime when required
This is a genuine opportunity for a professional person who is highly motivated and can adopt a flexible approach to problem solving within a team environment. With extremely low staff turnover, this business pride themselves on nurturing engineers from within, whilst building strong team work ethics so that each engineer supports the next one.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.
£35,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year