Celsa Steel UK - Cardiff
£23,000 (Monday to Friday – Days)Job description:
We produce steel to build the UK, around 1.2 million tonnes of product comes out of our site in Cardiff every year. Joining the Roll Shop team, you will play a crucial role in our production process by preparing the rolls that are used to make our steel.
- Set up and operate lathes ensuring the correct programmes are used
- Machining/manufacture of rollers and other parts required for stands
- General maintenance of the machines
- Opportunity to be trained in CNC Programming
- Monday - Friday (days)
- Cover shifts when required during holiday/sickness of roll shop personnel
You will need to have good knowledge of CNC Machining as well as the desire to learn programming and more advanced machining skills. You’ll be self-motivated and someone who can work efficiently and often under pressure.
- Fitting/Turning/CNC Operating experience required
- Interest in CNC Programming training
- Good attitude towards Health & Safety
- Ability to follow strict Health & Safety processes and procedures
- Flexibility to cover shifts (6am - 2pm and 2pm - 10pm)
We encourage you to talk to us. We want you to have a good understanding about the role and what we do. If this is role is of interest to you, talk to Anna Henley on 02920 351 973. Alternatively, please apply and we’ll get back to you.