CNC Machinist / CAM Programmer - Competitive Salary - Permanent - Berkshire
My client, an industry leader in the automotive subcontract multi axis CNC machining area, are seeking a number of highly skilled CNC Machinists and Programmers to join the team.
The position involves;
* Manufacturing high-end motorsport components from a range of exotic materials.
* Use Cam programming software to produce programs for both 3 and 5 axis milling machines
* Use simulation software to verify CAM programs are risk assed and fit for purpose
* Reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical diagrams
* Set and operate 3 and 5 axis milling machines
* Maintaining a safe and tidy work environment at all times
* Liaising with team leaders and shop floor staff to highlight any technical issues or potential risks
* Help drive technology and cutting-edge manufacturing techniques
The following skills and experience is required;
* Time served machinist, preferred but not essential city and guilds in mechanical manufacturing engineering or equivalent
* 3 and 5 axis milling experience
* CAD/CAM experience is desirable although training can be provided
* Good communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Flexible approach to work load and business needs
* Work well in a team environment
* Ability to work under pressure
* Use of Heidenhain and Fanuc controllers
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package including; pension scheme, Private Medical insurance, subsidised health club and gym membership, free Lunch to all employees, regular overtime.
If you are interested in this position and want to join an advance engineering team, please contact Chris Wilding on 01707247254 or email