Cloud Solutions Architect – Azure – Leeds, York (Yorkshire)
My client, a multi-award winning ecommerce success story, are looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect to drive the design and build of a cloud solution for migrating their portfolio of internal and hosted infrastructure to Microsoft Azure.
As well as having complete autonomy over the solution, you will also be the focal point of a talented devops team looking to expand their experience with Azure.
Key Technical Skills & Experience:
As a Solutions Architect you should be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of:
- Incremental and distributed systems architecture
- Designing for resiliency, scalability, high availability and failure
- Infrastructure as code
- Integrating metrics and feedback upfront
- Architecture that enables testing e.g. A/B or red/green testing
- Loosely coupled, API led architecture
- Containerisation and orchestration technologies to manage services at scale
- Cloud messaging, functions as a service and migrating databases into the cloud, preferably with experience of Microsoft SQL Server
- Working within an agile development environment
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements to architectural blueprints that align with overall technology vision
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining overall view of architectural blueprints
- Take a leading role in delivery, infrastructure design and business development to shape and design innovative solutions.
- Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
- Support estimation, planning and delivery as a technical leader.
- Collaborate and lead our engineering teams to ensure our solutions are built to reflect the solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
- Maintain technical relationships with our technology partners.
- Assist with project planning; providing technical expertise and/or lead project teams within an area/department.
- Significant autonomy over completion of day-to-day work and whilst receiving general instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Establish, maintain and foster relationships both within and outside the team and department
A full job description & company information is available to candidates meeting the above minimum criteria, please apply in the first instance with your up to date CV outlining your salary expectations & availability for an immediate response.