At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Cloud Sales Specialist to join us in Farnborough, U.K. In this role, you will manage the adoption of Red Hat's cloud solutions. You'll work within our open organizational structure and own the overall outcome of cloud offering sales, collaborating closely with the account managers, solution architects, and the services team. As a Cloud Sales Specialist, you will also produce success stories that can be referenced internally around key strategic successful projects.
- Sell Red Hat's cloud solutions portfolio within the U.K. vertical customer market segments
- Develop strategies and plans to deliver new business opportunities with a defined set of accounts or market segments
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations and set high standards for presenting key messages to C-level executives both in and out of Red Hat
- Guide the customer from initial adoption of virtualization to a private, hybrid, and public cloud with a specific focus on containerization and microservices using Red Hat’s technologies and services
- Work closely with the sales account teams to identify companies to jointly engage with and look to expand awareness of the cloud portfolio in order to increase Red Hat’s strategic relevance with both customers and partners
- Become a trusted adviser to senior information technology (IT) and business executives for key accounts to create long-term partnerships with customers
- Take an ownership of new projects from prospecting to closing and build long-term relationships with customers through this sales cycle
- Serve as a subject matter expert in your field and develop a solid ecosystem to support your offering line
- 5+ years of experience in a solutions sales role
- Good communication and technical skills enabling customer relationship development at engineering, commercial, and C-levels
- Excellent technical understanding and knowledge of portfolio of offerings; ability to understand customer business challenges and technology requirements
- Ability to communicate messages to customers around a broad portfolio of solutions that meet their business objectives
- Ability to work with global, cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of our customers
- Balance of strategic, tactical, and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting to C-level executives at large companies
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.