We are looking for a Cloud Architect to join our head office team in Lutterworth. As a Cloud Architect you will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the group’s Cloud Architecture; focusing on supporting the group’s growth and transformation, with the objective of making our architecture, solutions and end user experience better and simpler.
The Cloud Architect operates across the range of Business, Data, Applications and Technology plans, with a wide remit including roadmaps, integrations and both in-house and external services. The role specialises in the Microsoft Azure platform, which is used for a range of services within our business.
You’ll work closely with the Leeds software development teams, the Lutterworth head office teams (transformation, infrastructure and business representatives) and business unit leaders in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. The role is both strategic and hands-on – this is not a role for a theorist, but for someone who is able to see the big picture, communicate that vision, and then assist in execution through problem-solving,
In return you’ll receive: -
- A competitive salary
- A car or car allowance of £8,750.
- BUPA for self and family.
- Pension (auto-enrolment)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Life assurance x 4 salary.
Key duties include: -
- Ensure alignment of IT strategy and business strategic goals; and the translation of the strategy into a comprehensive and flexible architecture.
- Ownership and delivery of all CA artefacts, including a CA roadmap; plans for Business, Data, Applications and Technology; plans for key platforms and services. Translation of those plans and roadmaps into technical solutions which fit the group’s risk appetite, resource boundaries, and wider business goals.
- Responsible for production of high-level designs including non-functional requirements
- Providing IT technical leadership, expertise and direction to the team.
- Rigorous strategic analysis of architectural issues.
- Supporting, challenging and collaborating with senior managers and decision makers.
- Develop and promote standard architectures, frameworks, and technology platforms for reuse.
- Provide architectural support at the front end of projects and continue to provide support as projects deliver, including interfacing between the business, IT and partners.
- Be the principal evangelist within IT and across the business for the rationale for our architecture and roadmaps, able to translate technical issues into plain English.
- Monitor external technology innovation to ensure that Loxam PAD remains technologically competitive, including suppliers, competitors and adjacent sectors.
- Responsible for ensuring the introduction of any new service, hardware, software or supplier into the IT Portfolio remains aligned with the IT and Business Strategy.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert or similar qualifications
- Degree-qualified, with a professional background in software development
- 3+ years enterprise, solutions or technical architecture experience
- Desirable: TOGAF certification, with the experience and mindset to adapt and flex approach
- Knowledge and understanding of architecture management techniques in the areas of migration planning, implementation, change management and governance
- Experience in mentoring and coaching developers and senior developers in technical and solutions architecture
- Experience of designing architectures that enable digital transformation and transition from legacy systems
- Experience of in-house developed systems, on-premise hosting and the transition to cloud services
- Experience of influencing non-technical executive stakeholders from around the business
- Experience in the planning/costing of implementing process and technology change programmes
- Experienced in commercial engagements and in contributing to contracts and statements of work from a service delivery perspective.
- Experience of CRM, e-commerce, group collaboration tool implementations would be an advantage
- Familiar with some of the following technologies:
- XaaS: SaaS; IaaS; PaaS (Software, Infrastructure, Platforms)
- Cloud Solutions: Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Microsoft technologies: Windows 10; Office365; SharePoint; Active Directory
- Server architecture
- Mobile Technologies: iOS; Android (Incl. mobile device management)
- Content Management Systems: Kentico EMS
- Enterprise Service Management: ServiceNow
- Virtualisation: VMware
- Understanding of network topology in an enterprise setting
- Experience of KPIs, SLAs and service management