Does the idea of contributing to the delivery of new and better medicines appeal to you?
Join Covance, one of the world’s largest and most respected contract research organizations and be part of a global veterinary team providing essential specialist clinical services at the cutting edge of research for the pharmaceutical industry.
Right now, we are looking for an additional full-time Clinical Veterinarian to join our team at our preclinical facility in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Harrogate is a classic town made of landscaped gardens located just 40 minutes from Leeds and York. Harrogate has a growing market with affordable housing and is up and coming in terms of business, growth, and development. Enjoy the small town feel of Harrogate while being just a a car or train ride away from the city life of London! Come work in the region made famous by James Herriot animal stories.
Main Responsibilities for our Clinical Veternarian:
- Provide laboratory animal medical and surgical care by examination, treatment, and advise to ensure adequate and humane vetinary support, at independent, senior level.
- Assist Named Veterinary Surgeon to ensure that company policies and practices regarding animal care and welfare are in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Assist in training of staff.
- Assist with animal welfare-regulated regulatory / administrative duties
- Serve on the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, as needed
- Perform physical examinations of laboratory animals as indicated in protocols and SOP
- Perform ophthalmic or other veterinary examinations on laboratory animals
- Provide scientific expertise on animal health, biology, physiology, and research methodology to staff scientists and technicians
Education / Qualifications
- Membership in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons required
- Eligible for membership in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- 5-10 years of experience in the laboratory animal medicine or science field preferred
- Board certification or eligibility for board certification in the Eurpean College of Laboratory Animal Medicine encouraged but not required
- Membership in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons or eligibility for membership is required
- Must be able to work in laboratory setting with lab animals
- Knowledge of small and large animals used in research