Job Reference: J103-A-20-19689
- Cygnet Health Care
- Cygnet Bierley
- Cygnet Hospital Bierley, Bierley Lane, Bradford
- £41,829 per annum (including enhancements)
Our specially built hospital and first-class facilities are home to an integrated and multidisciplinary team. We provide care across four specialist wards, including psychiatric intensive care, Specialist Female Personality Disorder Service and low security wards for women and men. In line with our focus on recovery and reintegration, our hospital is ideally located for access to local community facilities and step down settings within the Cygnet family.
We are a quality driven service constantly striving to improve the quality of care we deliver to our service users we do this by having memberships with the following quality initiatives:
- NAPICU iscommitted to developing and promoting the specialty of psychiatric intensive care and low secure services. They arededicated to improving patient experience and outcome, and to promoting staff support and development. NAPICU promote research, education and practice development using quarterly meetings and annual conferences,their journal, training initiatives and thewebsite and their social media.
- AIMS (Accreditation of Inpatient Mental Health Services) peer focused Quality reviews. AIMS is a national project developed to ensure best practice is being achieved in in-patient mental health PICU services. Amongst other things the AIMS peer review team assess standards of care, current facilities, standards of documentation and health records, environmental facilities, and staff training qualifications, support and supervision.
We are located within 40 minutes of Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield which can all be accessed by local transport.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate, highly motivated Clinical Team Leader (RMN/RNLD) to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
Bowling Ward at Cygnet Hospital Bierley is a 16 bed specialist service for women with highly complex needs associated with a diagnosis of personality disorder. The service aims to support service users to learn effective emotional management, to reduce emotional dysregulation and to manage their own mental health and recovery.
We offer a 38.5 hours contract (shift work, 7 days per week, days and nights) at Cygnet Hospital Bierley and in addition to competitive pay rate there are many benefits on offer including but not limited to:
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Ongoing support and supervision to aid professional development
- Free parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCNi membership
There are career progression opportunities within Cygnet Hospital Bierley including the possibility of progressing to Ward Manager. We support all our nurses to develop and identify their career goals so that we can tailor development opportunities to their personal needs.
Within the role you will be expected to:
- Assist the hospitals through clinical practice development and quality improvement.
- Have a lead responsibility in undertaking regular audits of care through monitoring and analysis of documentation, assessment and observation of the lived experience of patients.
- Work with the Clinical Manager to deliver targeted intervention where themes, trends and lessons learnt indicate a need for skills development.
- Work within services focusing on the development of nursing practice, through clinical leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Be responsible for a planned programme of support across your area of focus as determined by the annual plan for Quality and Compliance.
- Be an active member of clinical working committees relevant to role.
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
- Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
You will have…
- Experienced RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number (at least two years’ experience)
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a Manager role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Experience working with Female Personality Disorder patients
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
If you are interested, please click the link to apply.