Job Title: Clinical Nurse Advisor / Home IV Therapy
Location: Field Based – Croydon (company car provided)
Reports To: Regional Nurse Manager
Fresenius Kabi is a global healthcare company that specialises in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. The company's products and services are used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients.
With a corporate philosophy of 'caring for life’, the company's goal is to improve the patient's quality of life.
Our product portfolio comprises a comprehensive range of I.V. generic drugs, infusion therapies and clinical nutrition products as well as the medical devices for administering these products.
The Role of Clinical Nurse Advisor
At Fresenius Kabi, our extensive nursing team are passionate about what they do. This team of highly skilled nurse are committed to patients and their care right across the UK. We collaborate with the NHS to encourage our patients' independence, enabling them to enjoy a good quality of life at home.
Our nurses offer care and support for many chronically and critically ill patients needing intravenous (IV) or nutritional therapy. This can vary from a course of IV antibiotics, IVIG’s to lifelong nutritional support.
Our specialist nurses monitor and deliver nutritional support for these patients in the comfort of their own homes. Visiting many patients daily, the nurses connect and disconnect patients to a parenteral feeding system giving them the essential nutrients they need to thrive.
Whatever the patients requirements, our dedicated and professional team of field based nurse are totally focussed on their individual needs.
· To facilitate the safe discharge of Parenteral Nutrition patients in liaison with hospital accounts and to provide ongoing support in the community for patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
· To manage a patient caseload, fulfilling all nursing requirements in agreement with Regional Nurse Manager.
· To maintain and provide an agreed level of service to existing business accounts on a given territory.
· To work within the NMC Code of Conduct and professional practice.
· Applicants must be a registered nurse, with a current, up to date NMC registration.
· Must have a valid driving license.
· At least 2 years post-registration experience within a clinical setting.
· Be able to work in a one-to-one patient environment, conducting interactions with confidence and professionalism.
· Flexible and able to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage own workload