Client Partner - Retail Banking Sector
Location: reading based, with uk travel as required
A client partner's primary role is to deliver qualified leads and opportunities to the business and achieve new business generation financial targets, acting as a trusted business adviser to our clients (current and potential), and being seen as an ambassador for Huntswood at all times.
A client partner is required to strengthen existing client relationships and identify and foster compelling relationships with new clients. This includes accountability for identifying new contacts within existing Huntswood clients and new clients within their specified sector.
You would need to have in-depth knowledge of contemporary and upcoming issues that affect firms within their specified sector coupled with expertise of Huntswood's core service offerings and therefore be able to confidently and competently explore business generation opportunities with clients.
A client partner must work in close liaison with the rest of the teams within the marketing and sales cycle at Huntswood to ensure client meeting activity is focused on quality and aligned to propositions and market need/demand. Ultimately, a client partner needs to continually generate new leads and opportunities that converts into delivered engagements within the five business units.
- To develop new business for Huntswood through well qualified client interactions and a robust understanding of their needs.
- Client interactions will form a large part of the role for it is critical that the Client Partner uses these interactions as a platform for on-going relationship building and subsequent business winning opportunities. Success within the role will come from key aspects:
Getting the right meetings:
- Market Intelligence and Proactive Oversight - ensuring an understanding of the current regulatory climate and market trends as observed by self and via the Senior Client Partner with a view to having a well-informed view of where the market is moving and the future landscape.
- Strategy and account planning - supporting a clearly defined marketing and sales strategy aligned to market opportunities and Huntswood's core offering; including account planning / contact strategy. Account plans will need to be in place for all key clients with focused intelligence and strategies deployed by the Senior Client Partner to win new business.
- Team Player - the client partner must be seen as a trusted business adviser both externally with clients but also internally, in particular fostering strong relationships with the rest of the marketing, business development and wider business units. The broader CCO function will provide market intelligence and qualified leads and it is incumbent upon the Client Partner to act upon this intelligence to drive new opportunities.
- Preparation - The Client Partner must proactively research the client company, industry issues and individual prior to the meeting to ensure that the meeting is as productive as possible.
- Client Engagement - the Client Partner shall ahead of each meeting ensure that either an e-mail or telephone call has been put in to the client (current or potential) to ensure there is mutual understanding as to the purpose of the meeting. Equally, there is an expectation that the Client Partner follows up to the meeting with the client within 48hrs with a similar such communication to ensure more focused meeting notes are captured in CRM.
- Knowledge - The Client Partner must have a strong understanding of every part of Huntswood and be able to discuss case studies that give examples of the work completed by each function.
Post Meeting and Opportunity Development:
- Recording - All meetings must be recorded using the CRM database and key points should be shared through the relevant part of the business. The outputs of this must be pro-actively shared with the Senior Client Partner to ensure qualified intelligence is fed back in to the marketing and sales cycle.
- Relationship building - facilitating further meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Opportunity Development - utilising the internal expertise to ensure that mutually beneficial business opportunities are explored and delivered.
Lead Generation and Referrals
- Act promptly on generated leads and ensure all referrals are acted on or passed internally to the relevant stakeholders.
- Be seen as a pro-active employee only focused on driving the business of Huntswood forward, developing new business and putting the interests of the team first.
- Play a pro-active role in opportunity lifecycle - supporting the Commercial Manager and Business Unit Leads to produce high quality, compelling proposal / tender documents.
- Drive business improvements internally and contribute actively to the Marketing & Business Development strategy.
- Team player, able to put the interest of the team first
- Able to develop effective relationships at mid to senior levels (Senior Management, Head of, Director) both within and outside Huntswood
- Good business acumen with a track record in B2B solution selling
- Effective planning and structured working towards agreed objectives
- Self-starter, motivated by targets with a willingness to travel
- An enquiring mind, with a keenness to research and understand market trends
Desirable skills / Experience
- Knowledge and experience of working within the regulated financial services an / or the utilities sectors.
- Development and execution of sales strategy including identification of market issue, market size, capability assessment and route to market