BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
The client implementation test coordinator role sits within our existing client implementation department to manage all testing for all client implementations.
- To act as a test coordinator to work alongside project managers and the Head of Client Implementation, to deliver solutions to new and existing clients
- The post holder will be required to work across multiple workstreams of programmes, coordinating multiple concurrent periods of testing (End to end operating model, migration readiness, component testing etc) have high level knowledge of Securities Services and be able to guide SME and IT resources to think about the impact of the testing plan and defect management
- The post holder will also support product, operational, IT and engineering teams in implementing clients
The Client Implementation Team (CIT) will manage projects of varying sizes and complexity. Engagement and coordination with the relevant local Securities Services and client offices is key to the success of this team. We will support the sales process via RFI, RFP and client pitches, where we will demonstrate our excellence in on-boarding. We support the deal process by coordinating operational input to costing and pricing. Once a deal is won we will take full responsibility for the implementation of the business.
The CIT will successfully deliver new business and/or change for our global clients. We will strive to exceed our clientsrsquo; expectations, using formal project principles to deliver a professional service on time and to budget, whilst protecting our existing business commitments through effective scope and risk management. Through a collaborative approach with operational and functional teams, implementation will land smoothly into business as usual.
- Participate in workstreams jointly with clients, developing and maintaining productive working relationships and managing the communication with client contacts and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Grouprsquo;s standards of ethical behaviour
- Coordination of all required client implementation testing UAT/JUAT/parallel/E2E as required (this does not include coordination of SIT which remains an IT deliverable)
- Assist with Planning & tracking - share and align key deliverables across all testing and requirements
- Facilitate and maintain testing tasks/steps in Quality Center (and runs books if required)
- Co-ordinate all resources to structure full and complete end to end testing
- Prepare and agree with all key stakeholders all entry and exit criteria for testing phases
- Set and agree objectives for testing which are coordinated to provide test completion
- Test phase planning (tasks, durations, resource, dependencies) and effective tracking with each contributor
- Risk, Issue, Assumption, management & escalation
- Scope/Change control management
- Structure Quality Center (QC) for all testing phases, including assisting with uploading test scripts
- Provide QC training to testers as required
- Gap / defect management and closure with relevant key stakeholders
- Prepare and chair all testing (not SIT) specific meetings: in addition attend, participate in any adhoc meetings (where relevant)
- Engage with Operations, IT and Functional Departments (Legal, Risk, Compliance, H.R., Finance, Coverage and Product), as required
- Report on progress of Testing UAT/JUAT
- Produce defect report within agreed timeframe
- Support testers during testing window (non IT specific)
- Coordinate Test Script preparation
Skills and Experience Required
- bull;A strong history of project experience, successfully participating in implementation projects
bull;Thorough understanding of test management disciplines, expected to have been gained through practical experience resulting in a successful track record
bull;Proven ability to successfully participate and deliver test work streams in a matrix environment
bull;Is able to use initiative to accurately assess new situations and potential solutions that have no precedent.
bull;Able to influence others not under their direct control
bull;Cultural awareness and able to see things from others point of view
bull;Strong integrity to deal with conflicting interest from multiple stakeholders
bull;Experience across a range of banking environments, such as trading, asset management, fund administration, treasury, prime brokerage and so on
bull;Broad understanding of different markets, asset classes and instruments typically used within investment banking and fund administration, such as equities, commodities, FX, bonds, swaps, options etc
bull;Experience working with offshore centres and business process migrations
bull;Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
bull;Ability to plan and organise workload, taking into account relative and conflicting priorities, seeking win/win solutions where possible and mitigating negative impacts where not
bull;Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills
bull;Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a demonstrable track record of successfully interacting, influencing and communicating at all levels with due regard to the nature of the intended audience. Strong presentation skills
bull;Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to drive and champion change within an environment of comparable size & complexity
bull;Excellent attention to detail
- A strong knowledge of our organisation, our products and our people.
- Formal certification from a recognised professional body (e.g. Prince & or PMI) preferable.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Source : BNP Paribas