BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 September 2019, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 11.491 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.759 trillion in assets under administration and 10,491 funds administered.
We are looking to hire a Project Manager to join our Client Implementation Team. They will be required to deliver assigned projects for the client implementation/transformation agenda for both internal and client led activity for UK MESA, including those where client delivery deliverables are a component part of a more transversal/global programmes. The role ensures the smooth and efficient delivery of all assigned projects within client delivery, maximising benefits whilst minimising risk. Projects will be delivered following the BI&T best practice approach, utilising the standard documents and adhering to the BI&T control environment. The post holder will need to build positive relationships with all key stakeholders, raising the profile of the BI&T team, ensuring the team is a highly respected both internally and externally. This must be delivered within the boundaries of the project manager’s responsibility. By delivering a first class implementation track record for all project activity we will build a positive reputation to support future new business wins.
The Client Implementation Team (CIT) will manage projects of varying sizes and complexity. Engagement and coordination with the relevant local Securities Services and client offices is key to the success of this team. We will support the sales process via RFI, RFP and client pitches, where we will demonstrate our excellence in on-boarding. We support the deal process by coordinating operational input to costing and pricing. Once a deal is won we will take full responsibility for the implementation of the business.
The CIT will successfully deliver new business and/or change for our global clients. We will strive to exceed our clients’ expectations, using formal project principles to deliver a professional service on time and to budget, whilst protecting our existing business commitments through effective scope and risk management. Through a collaborative approach with operational and functional teams, implementation will land smoothly into business as usual.
- Lead, manage and deliver assigned projects within the portfolio, ensuring adherence to group and local standards, following the BI&T best practice approach and control environment.
- Mobilise projects by supporting the sponsor in completing business cases to be presented at the relevant internal forums for approval. Interact with all key contributors to secure required resource. Ensure all internal approvals have been obtained.
- Define the projects scope, objectives and deliverables for approval by all internal and external stakeholders.
- Set and implement the projects governance, relevant to its size and complexity. Lead the working group and steering group meetings.
- Lead the project jointly with clients, developing and maintaining productive working relationships and managing the communication with day to day client contacts, and other stakeholders.
- Preparing realistic project and quality plans and tracking activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Set and track the project budget and resource allocation and flag any variances for attention.
- Co-ordinate due diligence, liaising with the SMEs to complete Q&A / workshops as required and define solutions and gap analysis.
- Lead production of the due diligence report, liaising with SMEs to define the scope and operating models proposed
- Support identification and tracking of project risks, actions, issues and dependencies
- Managing the scope of a project via a defined change control process to ensure project deliverables are realised within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets
- Ensuring that projects are formally closed, subsequently reviewed via PIR (where appropriate) and that lessons learned are recorded and related actions closed.
- Co-ordinate the completion of the required IT set ups and releases (including any derogations required), following BPSS IT protocols.
- Support local / global BI&T initiatives, as required.
The role holder will be expected to lead projects of a medium/large size/complexity, covering multi-product / multi-location deals/events, utilising high levels of experience built up in the industry and the role, facing off to the project team and senior managers at the client.
Skills and Experience Required
- A strong history of project experience, successfully participating in implementation projects
- Thorough understanding of project management disciplines, expected to have been gained through practical experience resulting in a successful track record.
- Proven ability to successfully participate and deliver projects in a matrix environment.
- Is able to use initiative to accurately assess new situations and potential solutions that have no precedent.
- Able to influence others not under their direct control.
- Cultural awareness and able to see things from others point of view.
- Strong integrity to deal with conflicting interest from multiple stakeholders.
- Prioritisation skills – able to assess multiple scenarios and present pros and cons of each and propose most appropriate course of action.
- Experience across a range of banking environments, such as trading, asset management, fund administration, treasury, prime brokerage and so on.
- Broad understanding of different markets, asset classes and instruments typically used within investment banking and fund administration, such as equities, commodities, FX, bonds, swaps, options etc.
- Experience working with offshore centres and business process migrations
- Ability to work consistently and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organise workload, taking into account relative and conflicting priorities, seeking win/win solutions where possible and mitigating negative impacts where not.
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a demonstrable track record of successfully interacting, influencing and communicating at all levels with due regard to the nature of the intended audience.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to drive and champion change within an environment of comparable size & complexity.
- A strong knowledge of our organisation, our products and our people
- Professional qualification relevant to the role.
- Formal certification from a recognised professional body ﴾e.g. Prince & or PMI﴿ preferable
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Source : BNP Paribas