As a Client Director within Gate One you will lead our work within the Public Sector (Central Government) with responsibility for defining the strategy for Central Govt. and developing the capability of the internal Gate One team. You will build business relationships with potential new clients in your sector, scoping and shaping opportunities to deliver engagements and lead the management of Gate One client account teams.
As a Client Director you will be a member of the Exco leadership team and will play a key role in driving the business towards the next phase of growth.
- Own the business plan for the Central Government sector, aligning this with the growth and ambition of the Gate One business plan and working closely with colleagues in Local Government and Health sectors.
- Develop the Gate One capability in Central Government. This will include working with the Capability Leads to develop new propositions and upskilling the team in terms of sector knowledge and expertise.
- Lead effort to build relationships and sell work to a range of Public Sector clients across all Gate One capabilities.
- Proactively contribute to the acquisition of new clients through prospecting and networking activity and successful management of the business development process (pitch, proposal etc), through to closing the sale.
- Develop additional business within existing clients; build effective, sustainable relationships with clients in order to identify and meet client needs.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to lead marketing activity within your sector, by writing thought leadership/POVs and leading seminars and events
Delivering client engagements
- Oversee the delivery of high-profile complex transformation client consulting engagements, managing project budget and teams of consultants and/or client staff to deliver the promised impact to clients.
- Act as the main point of contact to senior client sponsors; anticipate, recognise and meet client’s needs; understand the client’s perspective and offer appropriate assistance.
- Provide leadership, development and inspiration to consultants on client assignments, modelling best practice and ensuring consistency and quality of approach.
- Motivate and actively coach and manage Gate One and client team members through formal/informal feedback
- Personal Utilisation target of 50-60%
Building the business:
- As a member of the ExCo, contribute to the Gate One strategy and business planning, to help build and achieve the growth ambitions of the firm.
- Contribute to the development of the operations and infrastructure of the firm by owning and leading internal initiatives.
- Work with the recruitment team to lead recruitment of consultants within your capability or sector.
- Build personal relationships and contribute to the firm's culture by participating in & helping organise team events. e.g. team meetings, quarterly Gateaways, Lunch n Learns etc.
- Contribution to internal personal development initiatives of interest. eg. Coaching programme, leadership development training, skills training, personal impact training.