Location Pearlfisher London
An essential role at the forefront of Pearlfisher's business, working with our clients at a senior level to ensure profitable relationships and creatively excellent solutions.
We need you to
Proactively contribute to and lead the management, growth, success and development of Pearlfisher's client business.
This is a key role requiring the highest level of
Focus / Clarity / Leadership / Authenticity / Authority
You will show us that you have
- Successfully inspired internal/client teams as well as projects, to produce creatively excellent solutions.
- Had full responsibility for budgets and been instrumental in new business and client pitches and developing your key accounts.
- The ability to build equitable partnerships with Director-level decision-makers, moving beyond a ‘supplier’ relationship.
- A natural ability to anticipate and understand and solve issues and challenges before they become critical.
- A positive approach to every internal and external relationship.
- The vision to see and drive the ‘bigger picture’ and broader business issues and opportunities.
- The ability to skilfully and confidently negotiate with your clients, strategically influencing them at a business level.
- A passion for and exceptional knowledge of branding and design.
- Experience of effectively managing a team and developing individual team members to build their career paths.
The bare minimum we need from you is
Five years in a client servicing role within a branding/creative environment, preferably with some experience at Client Director level.
And the technical skills you will need to have are
MacOS / GoogleDrive applications / MSOffice
The role in detail
- Account direct and strategically manage a selection of core clients. Anticipate issues and challenges before they become critical. Actively seek to understand issues and propose solutions.
- See projects through to completion on budget and on time.
- Identify new opportunities. Initiate, drive and implement client development strategy alongside Strategic Development Director and Head of Business Development. Drive farming activity plan. Harness your personality and strengths to be instrumental in bringing in significant business, through new and existing client relationships.
- Report on new and current client business activity in weekly Business Development Meeting.
- Prepare and supervise proposals to maximise business conversion.
- Identify and contribute to business development initiatives and pitches in conjunction with Business Development team, Partners and management team.
- Identify PR opportunities from client business in conjunction with Marketing & Communications and Client Development Director.
- Monitor and maximise monthly revenue in line with targets, reporting to Finance Director on a weekly basis.
- Ensure revenue forecasts are accurate and highlight any foreseeable issues.
- Monitor proposals and estimates to drive up fee levels.
- Oversee all proposals and estimates for your client base and ensure all estimates are approved before work starts in studio.
- Ensure that all invoices are raised, checked and sent to client in a timely fashion.
- Maximise project profitability in conjunction with Strategic Development Director and Finance Director.
- Monitor project spend – resources, expenses and bought-ins – highlighting potential overspends.
- Take ownership of project budgets and control margin on fees and costs.
- Alongside Strategic Development Director, mentor, motivate, guide and shape team, providing positive and constructive feedback, being approachable, garnering trust and openness with team and taking responsibility for general well-being of team.
- Offer day-to-day advice on general account management and client relationship issues.
- Assist Strategic Development Director with recruitment where appropriate.
- Conduct appraisals for individual team members in conjunction with Strategic Development Director.
- Ensure that Pearlfisher Compliance principles are understood and are being followed by your client management and project teams during the entire project process.
- Take responsibility for your client management team’s client presentations being in line with Pearlfisher Compliance principles.
NB Pearlfisher reserves the right to amend your duties slightly or provide you with additional duties within your skills and competencies.
You will report directly to the Strategic Development Director. The role will also involve close consultation with Business Development, Marketing & Communication, Finance and all other Pearlfisher teams.