Brighton College is seeking to appoint Cleaners on a variety of shift patterns, to work all year round. In return you will receive a competitive hourly rate plus benefits.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that all assigned areas are cleaned to the standards required in order to provide a clean and safe environment for pupils, staff and visitors. You should be able to work alone or within a team, under the direction of a team leader or cleaning supervisor.
General duties and responsibilities of our Cleaners:
- Assisting with keeping designated areas clean, including hallways, floors, toilets, showers, classrooms etc.
- Using the cleaning equipment and materials necessary to carry out duties in a safe way. This may include diluting and using cleaning chemicals as instructed with due regard to the COSHH regulation
- Operating cleaning machinery in accordance with instructions and within Health & Safety guidelines and to keep such machinery in a clean and safe condition reporting faults to the Head of Cleaning
- Collecting and removing rubbish from work areas to a collection point as directed
- Carrying out emergency cleaning as required
Our Cleaners will receive the following benefits:
- Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool
- Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
- Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
- Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
- Well-being programme including: healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and English Language classes
- Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme.
Hours: various, please see the candidate brief for further details.
Closing date for our Cleaners applications: midday on Wednesday 30th September 2020.
If you feel you are the right candidate to join us as one of our Cleaners, then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.