Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Management Executive to join our team in Glasgow. Within this role, your mission is to advise and support clients on any claims related issue, maximising any insurance claims recovery, minimising delays and ensuring the strength and depth of Aon’s resources and relationships are available to benefit the client. There is emphasis on relationship management, renewal of existing and generation of new accounts and maximising revenue.
About the role
As a Claims Management Executive, your main responsibilities will be:
- Validate Sales promises if made independently of the Claims team.
- Articulate the Claims team’s proposition and benefits of dealing direct.
- Involvement in pricing discussions for existing clients and new business presentations.
- Understand and agree what claims services and capabilities the client will require.
- Agree and set up of claims reporting and handling procedures with client, insurer and Aon Claims Centres.
- Provide meaningful insight on insurer’s willingness to pay claims.
- Documenting services purchased by way of Scope of Service Agreements.
- Prepare and issue claims procedure guides to clients to cover all classes of claims being handled.
- Consider the use of TPA’s and seek to utilise the Aon Procurement Model.
- Organise and attend claims review meetings with insurers and internal CMAP.
- Challenge reserves, identify claims patterns and issue reports.
- Presentation of claims reports to clients.
- First line approach on negotiation with insurers and loss adjusters on any disputed or contentious claim including indemnity reservation of rights issues.
- Seek interim payments with insurers and loss adjusters where appropriate.
- Provide updates on any legal, case law and market changes.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of dealing with Insurance Claims.
- Relationship management skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Studying for CII or equivalent or other relevant work-based experience.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with proven problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Insurer markets, insurance programmes and global placements.
Salary & benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, and additional holiday.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.