Excellent opportunity for an experienced, confident and enthusiastic Claims Handler sought by forward-thinking & award-winning Independent Insurance Broker for a rewarding and challenging role in our Commercial Claims Team in Twickenham.
We are a people-centric company. To prove this, we:
- Are Investors in People Gold Award holders
- Hold Chartered Broker status
- Were voted Top 5 Independent Insurance Broker to Work for in 2016
- Were awarded a Training award at Insurance Age Broker Awards 2018
Our delivery of high quality, bespoke services is backed by our core values: Passionate, Expert, Straightforward and Ethical and we look for people who can demonstrate these consistently.
- Fully funded Cert CII Pathway up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans
- Auto Enrolment Pension
These are just a few reasons why our talented team of Claims Handlers work for us!
What will I be doing?
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Claims Team, our Claims Handler will have a good understanding of the Commercial Claims process and be confident taking ownership of Claims from start to finish.
As well as managing a busy caseload, you'll ensure that each client experiences a positive journey by guiding them with careful and tailored communication. You'll therefore be a confident and empathetic communicator able to deal with the challenges Claims can often throw up. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Handle Claims on behalf of a range of clients, including Global corporate entities
- Negotiate with Insurers to ensure the best outcome for Clients
- Provide high quality management information for internal and external stakeholders
- Analyse trends
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Draft reports professionally
What do I need?
Previous experience as a Claims Handler would be advantageous. It is essential that you have a good technical understanding of Commercial products coupled with passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos. You will have a Cert CII under your belt or a willingness to start your initial CII journey and complete within 12 months. We also require:
- Effective, confident & considerate communication both in writing & verbally and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and confident decision making
- A willing approach to training and personal development
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using Acturis (not essential)
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Work. Life. Balance.
- Regular Training opportunities (including Cert CII, online portal, peer mentoring)
- Bright, open-plan office, based in the centre of Twickenham, close to the mainline station
- Daily dress down policy
- Family friendly, supportive environment
- Regular Team Building events, Summer & Christmas parties
- Proactive Corporate Social Responsibility Team
- Free unlimited coffee, tea, filtered water & fresh fruit
Apply today if you think Sutton Winson could work for you. Join our team as a Claims Handler!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
£Competitive + Excellent Benefits