We have exciting opportunities for part – time Claims Handlers to join our center of excellence.
The centre is based at Willow House on the Broadlands Business Park at Thorpe St Andrew.
(Please note that there is a free bus service that runs from the city centre, directly to site but no on-site parking available)
We are giving you the opportunity to work non-generic working hours (21 hours per week) and are looking for shifts to be covered between the hours of 8am – 8pm Saturday & Sunday and one weekday (to be agreed)
If you are interested in shifts between the above hours please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the specific days/ hours you would be willing to work so we are therefore able to contact you directly when positions arise in the near future”
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but for every situation, Aviva is on hand to make things simple and keep customers protected. Joining our Claims Team you’ll have a vital role to play. Here, within our Claims department, every one of our people is a great talker, listener, investigator, letter-writer and decision maker.
Our professionals investigate insurance claims with the maximum efficiency and minimum fuss, in an attractive environment. Our Motor Claims Department is one of seven centres of excellence and we are continually looking at ways of improving the service we provide.
We know that making a claim can be a stressful time, but by having a dedicated team of experienced Claims Advisors all under one roof, our customers will benefit from a seamless and efficient service for the duration of their claim.
Unlike a call centre where you are continually taking inbound calls, in this role you’ll follow up the claim, including taking care of the Third Party, Credit Hire Companies, Third Party Insurers and negotiating settlements as well as taking calls from customers who currently hold motor insurance with Aviva and are looking to make a claim. These are customers who hold both commercial and personal policies and need to get their vehicle back on the road as soon as possible.
You'll talk and listen calmly to our customers, knowing just the right questions to ask to obtain meaningful information to assist you in processing their claim.
You'll relish getting to the bottom of things. Only through meticulously checking facts and asking questions will you be able to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim.
You'll enjoy taking personal responsibility for your own workload, continually reorganising and prioritising to ensure our customers get the best service possible.
With your strong work ethic and even stronger customer focus, you'll be able to put yourself in our customer's shoes ultimately minimising the impact of the claim to them.
Are you someone who:
- Flourishes with a challenge where no two days are the same.
- Loves to you deal directly with customers on the phone in their time of need and help to get them back on road.
- Enjoys negotiating with people and making decisions based on facts, as well as challenging the status quo.
- Is quick to adjust your work priorities to meet changing demands
- Is a great teammate
If you answer yes to all of these, we would love to meet you.
Skills & Experience required
- Excellent communication both written and oral together with questioning skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to listen and reason compassionately.
- A natural curiosity to identify improvements with a positive mind set and a can do approach
- Able to deliver superb customer service
- Prepared to take on challenges
- A strong commitment to do the right thing for your customers
- NO previous claims or insurance experience is required as full training will be provided.
5 GCSE’s grads A-C or 4-9 post 2017 or equivalent
- Starting Salary of £17,000-£22,000 pa Pro-rata (depending on experience) with potential to reach up to £28,650 pro-rata via our pay progression scheme + benefits
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Income Protection
- Generous holiday allowance
- Excellent flexi-benefits package
We are Aviva, the UK’s No.1 insurer and sixth-largest financial services organisation in the world. Our purpose is to Defy Uncertainty for our customers. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We support applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Louise Neuchterlien in the Resourcing team on 01782 558198