Markerstudy is an innovative and entrepreneurial group of companies specialising in Motor Insurance Services. Established in 2001 and employing around 3,000 staff across the UK, w
The main purpose of this role is to pro-actively screen and investigate portfolio of suspect motor accident claims.
- Screening incoming RTA referrals against known fraud indicators and other risk factors, identifying cases where investigation is required.
- Managing fraud rings and linked claim investigation, adhering to internal and IFB protocols.
- Utilising a variety of desktop tools (CUE, MIAFTR etc) as well as various internet checks and databases to assist with claimant profiling and to determine the direction of the investigation.
- Telephonic interviewing of claimants utilising specialist cognitive interviewing and conversation management techniques in order to further determine risk and separate honesty from inconsistency.
- Pursuing follow up inquiries with external parties including regulatory and licensing authorities, other insurers and law agencies.
- Providing focused instructions to, and subsequently liaising with, specialist investigative suppliers including field investigators, engineers and forensic specialists.
- Validating documents.
- Assessing the completed ‘evidential picture’ in order to determine the correct outcome for the claim.
- Managing claims caseload, in accordance with the Markerstudy claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including “treating customers fairly” principles).
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements.
- Undertaking general claims tasks, as required
- To adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly;
- To ensure that DPA, FCA & TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Bodily injury claims handling experience
- Investigation of suspect fraudulent RTA/bodily injury claims.