What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
Job Summary:The Claims department aim to be market leaders in the provision of an efficient, cost effective and professional service to our brokers and clients. We aim to be pro-active and flexible in the management of claims whilst maintaining our integrity.
Duties and accountabilities
- Take responsibility for various administration tasks including scanning, claims record keeping and manual claims processing tasks to support the claims adjusting functions
- Communicate with brokers and service providers (in person, by telephone and email) to develop strong relationships and knowledge of their business, and to obtain information relating to claims queries
- Implement claims diary management and closure of claims (subject to team procedures)
- Maintain the Solicitors and Adjusters Database
- Prepare Claims Experiences and Bordereau compiling data from core systems
- Be able to extract and interpret claims information to ensure compliance with internal and external regulation and procedures
- Develop and refine reports to ensure that the team keep within the team’s key performance indicators.
- Assist the Technical Claims Supervisors and the Claims Team Leaders in project work
- Miscellaneous secretarial duties as and when needed
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong written and spoken communication skills
- Be computer literate and possess strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Be studying towards or have a real desire to study towards CII qualifications
- Have the ability to manipulate claims systems to provide statistical data
Markel celebrates the value of a diverse workforce that brings experience and expertise from a wide variety of backgrounds and life circumstances. Whatever your background, if you feel you meet the requirements of this role then we want to hear from you.
We want to ensure that you have a positive experience applying for a role at Markel and are able to perform at your best. If there are any adjustments we can reasonably make to ensure that the process is accessible for you at every stage please email email@example.com
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.