Job descriptionSupporting Power on roles
- Civil Project Engineer - Substations
- West Midlands, Commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Stoke on Trent, Rugby, Leicester and Worcester.
Salary / Benefits:
- £55,000 - £70,000 dependant on level of experience plus Package/ Car allowance / Pension
- Working for one of the UK's leading engineering companies specialising in substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation The Civil Project Engineer is overall responsible for managing the substation civil engineering, construction- and contracting activities, starting with tendering activities together with Sales and ending with the hand-over.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in: Developing project requirements, cost estimates, project plans and budgets within the construction industry (preferably on large multi-million dollar end to end substation builds)
- Working knowledge of National Grid, SSE, EDF and similar major utilities.
- Civil and structural technical design experience.
- Assist in the negotiations and awarding of contracts
- Monitor, control, and report on progress (costs and budget throughout the project)
- Bachelor or master's degree in civil engineering or another construction related area
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
Extencive experience working on turnkey electrical AC substation projects
The Civil Project Engineer is overall responsible for managing the substation civil engineering, construction- and contracting activities, starting with tendering activities together with Sales and ending with the hand-over to the service department a/o client, with regard to scope, cost, time and quality so as to obtain the greatest return for the client.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Source : Navartis