Wood Transmission and Distribution Business (T&D) are recruiting for a Civil Engineer, to provide Civil and Structural Engineering support to the T&D Engineering team.
- Production and control of design & engineering deliverables for multi-discipline HV/MV/LV Substations in line with local client and international standards ensuring full compliance with HSSE and Quality directives.
- Providing civil and structural design guidance and co-ordinating the civil and structural activities with construction and other disciplines.
- Reporting to senior staff on progress and schedule status.
- Working alongside other disciplines to ensure full multi-discipline co-ordination.
Accountable for Deliverables and tasks below:
- Provide guidance and technical detail into HV/MV/LV Substation equipment layouts
- Production of engineering designs for super and substructures associated with HV/MV/LV Substation projects
- Production of engineering designs for permanent/temporary access roads and associated drainage networks.
- Production/review of temporary works designs.
- Provide engineering input into cable containment and installation details.
- Review vendor/third party drawings and assess their impact on the project.
- Plan, execute and record site survey activities, which may include, building Inspections and brownfield surveys.
- Development of Scope of Work/Design Intent documents
- Produce design programme/schedule of deliverables complete with resource and cost in conjunction with the Project Manager and Planner.
- Delivery of tasks against the programme and budget, including task level management of deliverable, time and cost as directed by the Senior Engineer
- Provide technical/practical construction support to the project site team
- Provide input into HSSE and Quality deliverables at project level.
- HNC – Civil / Structural Engineering
- Degree – Civil / Structural Engineering
- Demonstrable experience in a Civil and Structural Engineering role
- Experience with industry specific and general engineering and document production office software
- HSSE competency Construction & Engineering
- Experience with all aspects of engineering substation deliverable production
- Experience with Multi-discipline engineering
- Good working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Quality Assurance competent
- Familiar with project controls
- Familiar with latest industry standards
- Experience with managing design resources/costs and deliverable output
- Familiar with AIS/GIS switchgear and major electrical plant equipment: Transformers, Reactors etc
- Significant experience working in construction/commissioning
- Use of Projectwise software
- T&D Experience
- Autodesk Revit experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.