CIB - Treasury Services - Head of APIs (Application Programming Interface) EMEA - ED (London)
About J.P. Morgan Treasury Services
J.P. Morgan Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management services. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
For further insight to JPM TS download the J.P Morgan Treasury Services App available at the App Store on your smart phone.
The Channels, Analytics, and Innovation Team is responsible for product strategy, development and commercialization of digital solutions that J.P. Morgan delivers to clients globally. The Digital Channels and API team in EMEA plays a key partnership role in driving and supporting the Treasury Services sales strategy for large EMEA HQ multinational clients and supports treasury technology transformation and digitisation discussions with global multinational corporations and Commercial Bank clients operating in the EMEA region. The role will be directly part of the global Open Banking team and work regionally together with a multi-lingual team of experienced transaction banking and digital technology professionals with proven expertise to consult with clients on best practice, and solution complex multi-regional treasury transformation and optimisation initiatives.
About the Open Banking team:
We are a nimble team within the Treasury Services business at J.P. Morgan. We are entrepreneurs, product developers and strategists with a penchant for action and experimentation and a passion for solving client challenges and adopting new technologies. What we build will matter and have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day. Moreover, our group works closely with other innovation groups across Treasury Services and other lines of business to accelerate the development of new products and capabilities.
The banking ecosystem is undergoing constant change that requires a perpetual focus on innovation. Emerging technologies are rapidly changing the way we do business, leading to new business models with the potential to radically transform the financial services sector. Part of this journey involves a shift towards digital banking, where we leverage the power of APIs to move towards an open banking model. Our Open Banking team will drive the API agenda within the company and you will be on the forefront of this journey. Most of all, you will have the opportunity to approach our work with an agile mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit. This is a very exciting time to join a team that is shaping the company’s open banking strategy.
Following significant growth in client focus on digitisation and bank integration across client segments, the team is creating a role specific to commercialising and driving client adoption of API solutions for EMEA-based clients, working as part of the global Open Banking team to develop and build the API product catalogue, client and developer experience, and establish partnerships with client technology providers to provide innovative, integrated solutions.
The role requires a the ability to dive into minds of clients and attain a deep understanding of payments and liquidity needs, and work in depth to understand client data flows, architecture, and connectivity. A strong technical bias is key to the role and requires the ability to identify, create and pitch client-driven, tailored integration solutions. A deep understanding of client technology, operational processes, treasury priorities, and risk management are important to be able to formulate solutions ultimately driven by clients.
- Function as subject matter expert for API-driven client solutions, with a broad appreciation and understanding of the fuller client integration and technology product suite
- Work directly with Sales, Bankers, and Clients to understand needs, provide technical integration solution design, and demonstrate capabilities and opportunities
- Provide training and support to Sales and business partners on new API capabilities
- Run client roundtables and strategy white-boarding / workshops as required
- Drive partnerships with 3rd party vendors (ERP, TMS, etc.) with global counterparts to enhance our value proposition
- Partner with product leads across product development lifecycle serving as the voice-of-the-client; assist with concept design, feature development, and preparation for product launch to clients
- Embed experiences and best-practice into standard implementation and service delivery procedures in EMEA
- Connecting Open Banking & API team, and providing supporting and subject matter expertise, to any regional regulatory requirement impacting the initiative
- Provide key input into marketing strategy and commercialisation plans
- Knowledge of cash management services and products including collections, payments, account structures, and liquidity management
- Experience and technical knowledge of digital / connectivity solutions highly desirable
- Ability to understand and articulate customer needs and turn requirements into actionable solutions and demonstrate a deep understanding
- Sound working knowledge of ERP (AP, AR and Treasury) functions and Treasury Management Systems (TMS) preferred
- Strong executive management presentation skills, including ability to pitch at the CFO level and lead dynamic technology demonstrations
- Ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
- Ability to generate ideas, identify and drive the development of new business
- Demonstrate excellent selling, negotiation, and solutioning skills
- Build strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and cross-functional partners
- Travel across the EMEA region will be required.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available atwww.jpmorgan.com.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”