J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s critical corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $20 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. This product suite, along with our Markets business, helps us service our core client segments: Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance/GSEs, Banks/Broker Dealers and Hedge Funds and Alternatives
Role & Responsibilities:
This strategic business analyst role focuses specifically on the Investment middle office platform providing matching/confirmation/settlement services to our clients across diverse range of asset classes primarily Securities, FX, ETD and CASH
The Custody and Fund Services (CFS) business is driving an aggressive agenda to enhance client experience especially for new business and technology.
Own definition of business requirements in the form of product backlog
Analyse ‘As Is’ business design implemented on current platforms in terms of supported business processes and technology solution.
Define ‘To-Be’ strategic functional requirements, detailed solution specification and acceptance criteria.
Define mapping of business rules and data from ‘As Is’ capabilities into ‘To Be’ solution
Provide business requirement to technology application development teams to drive the iterative delivery of the platform
Define business testing (UAT) scope and acceptance criteria associated with each product backlog requirement
Provide subject matter expertise in Joint UAT (with client) test scenarios definition and planning
Monitor, track and report project milestones and timelines
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Custody or Fund Accounting functional knowledge gained either in Operations, Technology or Product functions.
- Investment Middle Office functional knowledge preferred
- Understanding of trading life-cycle across front-office, middle-office and back-office
- Financial markets product knowledge and understanding of the transaction lifecycle across various asset classes like Equities, Fixed-Income, Cash, Fx, ETDs, Money Markets, Repos etc.
- Track record of working on large scale agile programs and driving strategic direction of change.
- Experience working as business analyst either in technology function or operations/product function.
- Good balance between analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations
- Excellent problem solving skills to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
- Motivated and able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst working effectively in a team