The Stock Borrow Loan (SBL) desk is part of the Prime Finance Organization. SBL undertakes various trade structures ranging from short coverage, financing, conduit lending, dividend yield enhancement and the facilitation of longer-term non-standard structured deals. To support this, SBL borrows stock from counterparties based in various countries around the world and flows this stock through multiple legal entities onto the relevant risk entity.
The Stock Borrow Loan Middle office's main function is to facilitate and control the end to end life cycle of Equity Borrow / Loan activity for the Investment Bank in EMEA. Liaison with external counterparties & traders on a day-to-day basis is the key to success. Trade support and collateral (cash and stock) management are the main functions of the team along with the control and clearance of all exceptions and cash flows that the trade lifecycle creates (cash wash , nostro , GLRS, monthly billing)
The SBL Middle Office analyst’s role is to ensure the below is covered on a daily basis.
Supporting the Prime Brokerage flow between Stock Borrow Loan and the Prime client base.
- Supporting the wider Trade Management and Tri-party collateral management process. Managing bank exposure on an Intercompany and street basis.
- Manage counterparty relationships and drive quarterly reviews to improve relationship.
- Support the daily requirements of the SBL Flow (Short Cover)/ IMG and Collateral desks.
- Liaison with clients, counterparties and traders to investigate & resolve any trade exceptions
- Reconciliation & investigation of all key controls within the trade life-cycle.
- Production of daily MIS
- Participation in the Equilend on-boarding agenda to increase the automation of the reconciliation process.
- Support the FCA and CASS reporting requirements.
- Support the new and incremental client onboarding agenda, working with KYC, Legal and Credit team.
- Well motivated and enthusiastic
- Interested in joining an operations team or expanding current experience
- Some securities operational experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to develop relationships with clients, the front office and a variety of other contacts with operations areas
- Highly numeric person with excellent attention to detail in all areas.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment, meeting tight deadlines on daily basis.
“JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.”
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.