Our client, a leading children's charity, seek an experienced children's residential worker for their modern home near Wandsworth that provides support for upto 8 children with complex needs.
They have just launched an academy providing clear individual development plans to promote staff development and provide fantastic therapeutic support both to the children and also staff where needed, so it is a very supportive environment with excellent opportunities for a career minded, experienced residential support worker.
The role of the residential support worker is to provide day to day care for children and young people by creating a pro-social learning environment that promotes positive attachments and relationships. Key duties include:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of a young person between 11 and 18 years old.
- Updating their risk assessment and taking practical steps to ensure their safety.
- Identifying and supporting the development of the young person in terms of emotional behaviour, social wellbeing and physically.
- Sharing the role of keyworker, overseeing the care and wellbeing of the children and acting as a key liaison with the professional teams
- Empowering and Encouraging the young person to express views and participate in the decisions that affect them
- Developing links with the community and expanding the social network of the young person.
- Establish and sustain effective multi-agency relationships across the team
- Supporting the young person's holistic health and physical wellbeing.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the health and safety of the young person
We require someone with a positive attitude and a genuine commitment to working and supporting young people to achieve their full potential. In addition you will need:
- NVQ level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Experience or understanding of outcome based service delivery
- Understanding of safeguarding regulations
- Ability to proactively build and promote positive, trusted relationships
- Ability to manage stress effectively
- Hold a valid enhanced DBS
If you feel you have the experience and motivation to join this leading children's charity and further enhance your experience in caring for children then please send your CV to the link below.
Coburg Banks Technical specialise in recruiting Senior Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Production Managers, Design Engineers and Technical Managers across a wide range of industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Engineering, Manufacturing or Construction then please refer them to us.
22,287.67 - 23,348.17 per year