- An established regulated entity seeking to develop a new P2P service, which will be headquartered in London. In anticipation of its application to the FCA for approval, the firm is recruiting a senior team who will be responsible for launching, growing and developing the company.
- The Firm has established a new role for a Chief Financial Officer with overall responsibility for the day to day management of the company financial function.
- The company embeds a tech-driven and client-centric ethos and seeks to recruit an employee who shares those values, has the ability to find innovative solutions and is passionate about adding value.
- As COO, you will be responsible for leading and developing a large operations team within the specialist and expanding Peer to Peer lending sector.
- You will be tasked with ensuring the effective management of all operational procedures including the achievement of all key performance indicators and targets.
- You will be involved in making strategic operational decisions to drive the business forwards and communicate policy across all levels of the business.
- The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record in operational planning and control, ideally with a background in peer to peer lending industry.
- You will have oversight of all the key process and procedures to ensure an effective and agile operations function.
- You will be expected to have good knowledge of regulatory framework a recent FCA guidelines.
- You will have a good knowledge of Risk and Risk management, and Compliance.
- Previous exposure to the FCA is desirable.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a distinct advantage.
- You must be a highly influential leader and people manager with excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and exceptionally well organized.
- Exposure to the property and real estate sector is desirable.
Experience & Salary:
- 5+ years working in a COO or similar management role in a regulated industry or in the financial services sector;
- Experience working in a P2P firm is highly desirable
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Risk, Finance, Accountancy or a related discipline
- A postgraduate or industry qualification is preferable
Personal characteristics of suitable candidates:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills required
- Candidate must be:
- Fit and proper to perform the role
- Excellent at communicating and influencing stakeholders;
- Attentive to detail;
- Flexible and capable of working across multiple legal entities;
- innovative and solution-driven;