Job Title: Chef
Location: Huawei, Reading RG2 6UF
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week
A full time vacancy has arisen for a Chef to join our team at Huawei, Reading RG2 6UF . This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Chef Main Purpose:
- To plan, supervise, deliver and present the food and beverages as per the company specification. Supervise, guide and coach the assigned staff to ensure an efficient operation of the
- Interact with customers by explaining the food and beverages on offer. Gauge needs and make recommendations to meet the exact needs of the business
Chef Main Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure that all customers are afforded a highest quality of service through continuous improvement to product and services. Constantly seek customer feedback and opportunities to develop the product and communicate such in a concise manner
- Responsible for the presentation of all food and beverage, ensuring quality, quantity are consistently monitored, maintained and display is as per set specification.
- Where possible follow food ratio guidelines set out by Huawei are followed.
- Ensure buffet and stock levels of all food and beverage items are properly maintained and replenished regularly as required and in accordance with food and safety standards. Control and monitor hygiene standards as per HACCAP.
- Provide training and guidance to service staff on the presentation and display of food.
- Ensure personal and food hygiene, as well as housekeeping standards in the lounge food services areas and kitchen are adhered to, as per company policy.
- Ensure all food orders are completed daily to ensure sufficient supplies of food stocks and at all times.
- Ensure that at the end of each service the kitchen is cleaned down and ready for the following shift.
- Ensure that back of house is kept clean and tidy at all times, including fridge and freezers and other store areas.
- Ensure that all products stored or displayed are date coded, stock rotated and labeled correctly using the shelf life rule.
- Ensure that sufficient preparation is completed for the following shift.
- To dress accordingly to the standards and guidelines advised, and wear the supplied uniform garments at all times when on duty.
- To only use products and equipment supplied and specifically for the job.
- Ensure that all H&S & F&S documentation for example cleaning schedules and temperature records are signed off daily once all tasks have been completed.
- Comply with all legal and company procedures relating to food safety, health and safety and personal hygiene.
- Sign in and out when on shift to ensure hours worked are paid correctly. Follow the shift's rosta.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as requested.
The Ideal Chef:
- Chef experience
- Kitchen experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef join a highly reputable company that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay and company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today!
£10.00 - £11.00 per hour