Job Title: Chef
Salary: £10.00 per hour - 40 hours per week - Free parking on site
Location: Harrogate - HG3 1PY
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours:6.30am - 3.00pm - Some Overtime Available
Hospitality Chef Job Introduction:
Are you a talented Hospitality Chef looking to take your next step in your culinary career?
If so then we currently have a great opportunity for two ambitious Hospitality Chef to join our team based at C/o Covance Harrogate, Otley Road,HG3 1PY.
The ideal candidate must have a full UK Driving licence and own vehicle and a good level of corporate staff dinning and some hospitality and/or restaurant fine dining experience would be a bonus.
This is a great opportunity for a focused, craft and culinary driven Hospitality Chef to develop their career with a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression within the hospitality market.
Hospitality Chef Main duties Include:
- Creating client hospitality from set menu when ordered
- Delivering the prepared hospitality to the required meeting rooms using our site electric vehicle
- They will also be required to assist within the kitchen carrying out other food preparation tasks also helping when required front of house on the hot plate or deli bar.
- To conform to the required dress code for your area, and to ensure the uniform provided is always clean, presentable and free from tears and stains.
- To ensure the prompt service of all meals and services, at the required times to the company's and client's standards of satisfaction.
- To be fully conversant with and to adhere to all Sodexho and uk legislation with regards to - Hygiene regulations - Health and Safety at work act
- To ensure that the methods of preparation and presentation comply with current recognised catering standards, and legislation; and within the budgeted costs laid down by the company and client.
- To carry out the ordering when required, within budget guidelines, using only nominated suppliers.
- To ensure all areas are clean and tidy at all times, with particular attention at the end of service.
- To ensure food and disposable waste in monitored.
- To assist and carry out training and supervision of junior staff.
- Ensure that all stock items are monitored and proper requisitions and stock transfer procedures are carried out.
The ideal Hospitality Chef:
- Relevant NVQ Level 2 & 3 or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Chef within a food driven corporate hospitality environment,
- Possess good knowledge of operational health & safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in high volume catering as well as fine dining experience would be a add bonus
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers excellent rates of pay along with company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today.
£10.00 - £10.00 per hour