Chef de Partie required at Cheddar Woods Resort and Spa. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a key role to join our busy team at our five star venue in Axbridge, Cheddar.
You will work within the kitchen team, under the leadership of our Head and Sous Chefs. You will take control of various aspects of the kitchen. This will include food preparation and procedure, portion control and waste management. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and will perform consistently in line with the company’s high standards.
This is a permanent position to work variable hours. This will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for Chef jobs within a commutable distance of Axbridge.
- All food service and preparation to be prompt and consistent
- Effective and accurate stock rotation
- Cleanliness of all work areas
- Ensure the correct portion sizes and maintain strict control of all waste
- Comply with all food hygiene regulations
What experience you will need
- Similar previous experience is desired
What skills you will need
- Catering qualifications and Level 3 Food Safety are desirable
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous due to shift patterns
- Strong communication skills within the team
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions