Accountable and responsible for driving the strategic relationship with a select partner or group of partners and achieving the market acceptance, integration, and use of the Vertex products in the accountable channel. The Channel Manager will carry a channel sales quota, as well as administers sales practices, tools and policies used by the partners to meet and exceed sales goals. The Channel Manager will provide leadership and support the Partners Sales Organization and is a Subject Matter Expert for both Vertex product and service offerings. This role manages and builds relationships with key Ecommerce and Technology partner resellers in the with a specific revenue target tied to each. The Channel Manager promotes Vertex software and service offerings and is responsible for increasing revenue, continued growth, and use of the Vertex products in the accountable channel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quota attainment for the specific channel
- Drive the revenue targets for Vertex solutions in the partners Eco system and hold the partner to specific metrics.
- Channel Partner relationships for all business related issues
- Interactions with partner and channel leadership and for maintaining and growing existing partner relationships.
- Recruiting targeted partners per Market Requirements
- Channel management planning, strategic and operational planning, market development, business planning, and forecasting.
- Create differentiation messaging of Vertex solution through the partner channel
- Create/drive channel messaging at industry events (user groups, associations)
- Promote Vertex solutions through the channel and generate additional Vertex product and services demand through trade shows, webcasts, demos, etc.
- Address large groups through public speaking, presentation development and delivery, etc.
- Enabling the Sales Demo environment
- Partner as the SME in pre-sales activities - Participating on sales conference calls, meetings and in RFP execution
- Assisting Partners with opportunity qualification and pipe-line management.
- Ensuring influencer channel is educated and aware of integration and Vertex product functionality and positioning.
- Lead or participate in other projects and duties
- Must be willing and able to travel 20 - 30% of the time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong mid-market ERP and Ecommerce Industry Knowledge
- Understanding of Vertex products and how they integrate with select or industry focused ERP systems
- Understanding of the financial/accounting business processes (sales, purchasing, billing, GL) at it relates to transaction tax flow
- Vertical industry knowledge may be required (e.g., Retail, Leasing)
- Ability to balance and ensure goals are in alignment with Partner's strategic direction
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to navigate partner business opportunities through the organization
- Self-motivated, accountable approach and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Takes initiative to follow through on requests and commitments
- Exercises strong business judgment
- Focuses on important opportunities in making business case for strategic partners
- Recommends actions that are consistent with Vertex objectives and goals
- Balances opportunity size and Vertex resources in deciding when and how to present partner business case
- Negotiates effectively toward win/win outcomes
- Perceives multiple alternatives to each situation
- Ability to become a trusted advisor and recommend thoughtful solutions to business challenges
- Effectively optimizes partner opportunities through all reasonable means
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Fosters collaboration with channel stakeholders and shares what they know and researches what they do not know
- Ability to apply broad expertise or unique knowledge and professional concepts to develop resolutions to critical issues. Ability to manage multiple complex, high visibility or high impact projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work without supervision. Complete latitude for decision making.
- Ability to create formal networks with key decision makers.
- Ability to listen and understand information and communicate the same.
- Must possess good organizational, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must be results oriented, customer focused, and exhibit good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
- Sufficient knowledge of business communications, including telephone, voicemail, and e-mail and operations of office machines, such as photocopier, scanner, and fax.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience interacting within the Ecommerce and SAAS ERP eco system preffered
- MBA and/or CPA equivalent experience preferred
- ERP, Tax/Tax Technology or Tax Professional Certifications and/ or Credentials recommended
- 5 years experience partnering with sales and marketing with responsibilities to meet and exceed financial targets for assigned region or channel, contract negotiation, and account retention preferred
- Experience with tax software strongly desired
- Demonstrated business development, consultative selling and negotiation skills with results-orientation to meet and exceed channel financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Knowledge of CRM systems
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
- Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex's business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
- Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
Please note: This is a Pipeline Requisition for potential hiring needs
At Vertex Inc. we are always looking for the best talent for future needs of the business. This position description does not represent a current opening. However, may use this position to identify candidates with critical skills and experiences for frequently filled positions at all levels. Candidates who express an interest and match the requirements will be contacted by a recruiter for an introductory phone interview, and further details of timing will be discussed.