We’re Norton Rose Fulbright – a global law firm with over 50 offices and 7,000 employees worldwide.
Our London office is currently recruiting for aChange Manager. As well as the relevant skills and experience, we’re looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we’re building a culture where difference is valued.
Transformation at Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is continuing a multi-year programme of Business Services’ Transformation, continuing to evolve its operations to optimise current operations to drive its business. A change manager is required to support this programme to design and implement a robust change management and communications strategy and approach across the programme to ensure all change initiatives are delivered and embedded within our business. There are a large number of projects within the transformation, all of which require a systematic change and communications approach and roll out of detailed change and communications on each specific project.
- Lead project targeted change management and communications within the transformation, from strategy to implementation. For example, analyse implications of any process change to facilitate development of change impact assessments, and ensure stakeholders are appropriately engaged with impacts throughout the project
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Support the design, development, implementation, and revision of project plans from a change and communications lens and adhere to established timelines; integrate change management activities into project plan
- Assess the change impact: create an overall change impact assessment approach and implement for the programme and projects to identify preferences and key indicators foreach project or initiative as part of an overall change impact assessment as appropriate
- Manage and implement change activities such as stakeholder analysis and engagement, organisational readiness, focused communications and training
- Build appropriate change management activities to optimise focus on strategic changes and influencing relevant parties to address strategic changes
- Define and measure change and communications initiatives and overall business readiness to monitor the change progress and business value, tracking benefits realisation. Contribute to creating the business scorecard
- Complete change management assessments
- Support training efforts
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Proactively implement a programme of initiatives to support, engage and manage staff through change and through resistance to change, including:
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance from stakeholder groups
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Consult and coach stakeholders, project teams, identified individuals
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Track and report issues
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Manage the change portfolio
- Create an holistic change and communications strategy for the successful roll out of the Business Services’ Transformation programme.
- Manage the development of/ develop internal stakeholder, particularly leadership and partner, strategic change communications
- Design, develop and deliver high quality communications for target audiences using appropriate media,
- Create partner notice board announcements, town hall presentations and talking points
- Create email announcements, internal communication materials, prepare (and conduct) briefings, and help develop training materials
- Manage development and execution of communications materials, such as fact sheets, job aids, instructional guides, Web content, briefings, and presentations
- Support multiple project teams to develop stakeholder/partner outreach and engagement efforts to obtain awareness, understanding, buy-in, and support
- Proactively plan and manage risks and issues, implementing mitigating activities as appropriate, and escalating where required (for programme and for projects)
- Deploy the latest digital communication trends and tools to effect within the communications plan
- Help grow the communications community through managing and delivering business development activities
Key specialist skills
- Experience working on large scale, complex, multi-geography/ global change and transformation projects including technology implementations across a range of sectors (legal sector desirable)
- Consultancy background with experiencing successfully delivering and embedding large-scale strategic change, in particular the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- At least 5 years’ experience implementing change management principles, methodologies and tools on change programmes
- Organisation design of functions within Business Services
- Deep understanding of change communication and engagement current best practice, emerging practices, digital communications, and an ability to promote innovative ideas and solutions in the area of change communication
- Ability to develop communications in a range of media, including written, graphic, web, (social media) and face to face channels
- Excellent communication skills – both listening and engagement skills and presentation
- Ability to present formal / informal findings in a clearly defined and persuasive manner and ability to write clearly and confidently for a variety of stakeholder audience groups
- Design and implementation of change management and communications strategy
- Project and programme management, inc. BI/data analytics for measurement of change and communications effectiveness
- a proven ability to prioritise and manage tasks in a demanding work environment
- Analytical skills and the ability to provide insight into project progress
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere within challenging projects and situations
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable working with ambiguity
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills to include experience with developing and delivering presentations, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in an easily understandable written format
- Demonstrated client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Change management certification or designation desired
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognised for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
Based right next to Tower Bridge (and within striking distance of London Bridge and The City) our office is accessible and home to 1,000 employees. Our clients come first and whilst we expect the best from all our employees, in return we offer an exceptionally competitive pension, private healthcare, plus a range of flexible benefits.
At Norton Rose Fulbright encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Find out more about Diversity and Inclusion athere
Norton Rose Fulbright is an equal opportunities employer. We want our application process to be open to everyone, so if you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process – even if you’re not sure what adjustments you might need – please contact our Recruitment team on EMEARecruitment@nortonrosefulbright.com