Bournemouth & Poole College has an exciting opportunity for a CEIAG Adviser and Administrator to join our team based in Poole. You will be joining on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £18,583 per annum.
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprentices within the area. We have around 11,000 students that are from across the UK and the world. Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeships training ranks in the top 30% of colleges and we work with over 2,000 business.
The CEIAG Adviser and Administrator role:
You will be the first point of contact for both internal and external customers seeking initial advice and guidance regarding a range of enquiries to include careers, course information, student finance, and student support. This will involve working with pre-entry and current students, external stakeholders and all associated staff to provide CEIAG guidance and support services.
As our CEIAG Adviser and Administrator, you will:
- Provide frontline a Level 4 Standard CEIAG support services; face to face, 121 and group work, to both existing and potential students on a range of enquiries resulting in suitable outcomes e.g. college applications, referrals to L6 CEIAG Advisers, internal and external support and referral agencies as appropriate.
- Use and coordinate administrative systems related to CEIAG and Student Support Services.
- Coordinate, plan and support the College’s Student Shadowing scheme.
- Coordinate referrals to National Careers Service and maintain records of outcomes accordingly.
- Coordinate College referred applications from the Admissions Team and disseminate to internal Careers Advisers and NCS team.
- Monitor and respond to enquiries in relevant group email inboxes and via group pick up calls.
- Support Student Experience Directorate projects as allocated by the Careers Advice and Guidance Manager.
- Record the impact of activities and to run reports using college databases to support the Careers Advice and Guidance Manager.
- Maintain and update the CEIAG calendars, rotas, contacts and other administrative records.
The ideal CEIAG Adviser and Administrator will need:
- Understanding CEIAG good practice
- Knowledge of CEIAG quality standards
- Customer Service good practice and experience
- Experience of CEIAG delivery (121, group work and CEAIG activities and events)
- Reception and of front of house experience
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working in an educational, learning or training setting
- Ability to use spreadsheets, databases and run reports
- Experience of making referrals to other support services within agreed deadlines
- Diary and calendar management
- Level 4 or above standard of CEIAG 121 interviewing and group work skills
- Good use of IT skills including Microsoft Office and CRM database systems (e.g. CID, EBS)
- Ability to engage and inspire young people
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Level 4 Diploma in Career Information Advice and Guidance or equivalent.
As a member of support staff at Bournemouth & Poole College you can expect to receive excellent benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 after 5 years' service with the College
- up to 5 days leave during the Christmas closure period
- Free parking at all of our college sites (where spaces are available)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this CEIAG Adviser and Administrator role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.