Category Manager - Based Reading
Salary £55,600 plus 15% bonus and extensive benefits
These roles are due to expansion and an exciting opportunity to join a highly corporate organisation who are looking to recruit a Category Manager.
You will be part of a team who research, develop new products and technology within network power distribution.
Candidates will ideally have a background within Energy, Power Distribution, Construction or the Rail Industry and worked on HIGH VALUE and complex tenders.
Candidate & Duties
- Knowledge of contracts with the ability to draft terms, including IPR, NPD, risk and dispute procedures with the knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions.
- You will be self-motivated and highly confident and commercially astute.
- As part of a team you will be dedicated to developing and delivering innovation projects to provide more effective and efficient ways of distributing energy for all customer.
- You will be responsible for sourcing the supply of goods, works and services in accordance with all internal policies and procedures and external legislation, including EU Procurement Legislation.
- Supporting the category in the development of standard and complex contracting and sourcing strategies to ensure innovation power distribution network.
- Conduct strategic sourcing events, planning and managing all elements of the sourcing process from end to end, engage the main stakeholders and suppliers throughout the process.
- Draft and review contractual terms, conducting tender negotiations to ensure all costs, exclusions and deviations are known and the appropriate risk allocation has been made in accordance with the contracting strategy.
- Complete commercial analysis of tender submissions and make appropriate award recommendations.
- Accomplished in negotiating costs and terms conditions.
- Able to communicate clearly at all levels
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to work to deadlines, priorities your workload and manage your own time.
- Excellent MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook